New Buyer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the whole process

nah, not looking to move anywhere with this. I didn’t have anything signed, so I get it and know how the game is played. I did that for my protection as well, so all parties just walked away from this one. I’ll be sure to leave reviews on a few sites to offer guidance to other potential buyers. Other then that, I’ll keep searching, maybe stick with the Tahoe/Yukon, maybe another manufacturer all together.
That's why I said you might because most people don't. It's human nature and why we are in this condition where buyers are being picked off one by one. I used to do this but I've pretty much given up trying to change anything.

JohnnyFamous

Reaction score
An interesting thought to ponder, Why if someone steals a loaf of bread to feed their family, they may end up in jail. If someone lies to someone on the phone and get money from them for nothing this is fraud. But it is entirely legal, and just for car dealerships to knowingly and purposely lie to you and con you in an attempt to steal your money. It goes without saying this is unethical, but why is it legal?

I worked at a car dealership for a short time when I was a teen. The lies and cheating are remarkable...Best liars make the most sales, and it is the finance department that really gets you.

My advice, always do your own math. Calculators are online and free, and there are always hidden fees. And don't buy the extra warranty, paint clear coat or rust proofing, these are scams intended to up-sell you, they add no value whatsoever.

The famous line is, " how much do you want your payments to be" Watch out for this one!

A premium price for supply and demand, I get that, lying and cheeting is a different matter.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is kind of why I like the no haggle places, if the price is good for me then we are good to go, taxes are a given here in CA it's basically 10% so then you have your out the door total, done. they can write it up however they like and the total remains the same.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
An interesting thought to ponder, Why if someone steals a loaf of bread to feed their family, they may end up in jail. If someone lies to someone on the phone and get money from them for nothing this is fraud. But it is entirely legal, and just for car dealerships to knowingly and purposely lie to you and con you in an attempt to steal your money. It goes without saying this is unethical, but why is it legal?

I worked at a car dealership for a short time when I was a teen. The lies and cheating are remarkable...Best liars make the most sales, and it is the finance department that really gets you.

My advice, always do your own math. Calculators are online and free, and there are always hidden fees. And don't buy the extra warranty, paint clear coat or rust proofing, these are scams intended to up-sell you, they add no value whatsoever.

The famous line is, " how much do you want your payments to be" Watch out for this one!

A premium price for supply and demand, I get that, lying and cheeting is a different matter.

Can you explain why an extra warranty provides no value? Is this the same as an extended warranty?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you explain why an extra warranty provides no value? Is this the same as an extended warranty?
Depends on the "type" of warranty you purchase and the wording, generally there are 3 levels of warranty from a 3rd party, basic, powertrain and bumper to bumper\
never buy the basic, it covers nothing essentially and will be worded as such if you pay attention, it really only covers "some" items provided they flat out break.
the powertrain warranty is better and usually covers the "powertrain" should something break like the engine, transmission, differential, radiator, etc. does not cover maintenance items, the bumper to bumper is usually overpriced and not worth the gamble and still will not cover things like airbags or other special items that you might consider to be covered.
it's all in the fine print and :wording:
and provided you get the warranty and go to use it later be prepared for the waiting game, any claims usually require "proof" with a adjuster and they can take there time, they only pay up to a certain labor rate (usually worked out with the shop for less than usual) and replacement parts may be used or refurbished or rebuilt and they will only pay a certain amount for said part going off a internal price list. do not expect golden ticket service and brand new parts.
too many people get mad because "the warranty" did not cover it, but had they read the details they would know what is or should be covered and what is likely not.
and on top of all that if you do not keep maintenance records your claim can be flat out denied because the "agreement" is always worded that you must maintain the vehicle, i.e. oil changes, fluid flush, brakes, plugs/wires, sensors, etc at the manufacture specified intervals

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, dealer reneged on the 2k over and was going for 3k over, then the finance guy wasn't giving me line items, just a total cost to purchase. I asked about the wheel locks and he told me it was just built into the overall price now. I was starting to loose it at this point. I told him Im not paying for wheel locks, aka lug nuts and he then stated to me that they were on the truck and in order to remove them they have to take the tire off. At this point, I honestly lost it. I called him a liar and told him I would not deal with this. I told him I would come in to get my $1k refunded and while I was there, I would speak with the manager. He quickly told me that I did not need to come in and he refunded my money within minutes. I was pretty annoyed at this point. I then sent an email with my experience to my sales rep (who was off in training) and the Sales Manger. Since this is a part of a group of dealerships, I also sent a long email to the CEO of the Dealership group last night. I don't expect to much to happen to make this deal come back to life, as I was reading Google and Dealerrater reviews, and this seems to be a common issue at this specific dealership.

Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be and Ill keep looking, which is the fun part of car shopping.
If you really want to get them u need report them directly to Chevy.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this a accurate. If I had one, I probably had 5 people request I give them 5 stars on the GM survey I would get in a week or so. I think they really care what the regional GM people are thinking about the dealership.

It wasn't that long ago when GM was shutting dealers down. Like depression children, these guys don't forget those days.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the OP, I'd bet the dealer had already sold the AT4 and got the full price with add-ons. Figured to get you PO'd enough to walk.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Really? Do they care? Early on in the process I was straight up lied to and I knew for a fact it was lies and when I called the guy out on it he got extremely rude to me. Granted, none of that is against the law but I talked to GMC and they basically said they were sorry but since dealerships are independently owned I just needed to report it to the customer service person or management at the dealership.

Obravada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After what @Quark said, I would tell them the mat price is fine as long as the wheel locks are a no charge item. Haven't these dealers figured out yet how much info is out there and that we can check pricing and figure out that the prices they quoted are not even close to Manufacturer pricing? Some of these dealers are idiots and just plain thieves.
When I purchased my 2021 Yukon Denali the wheel locks were part of a option package. When I went to pick up my vehicle the dealer had a standard new vehicle invoice that listed a additional charge of $65 dollars for the same wheel locks that I already paid for. Also included was a window ViN etching charge for $199 that I also declined. Be careful when you sign the purchase agreement and look for these add-on charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14