New Buyer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Denali Yukon and my all weather floor mats were $200.00 and my wheel locks were part of the 22" chrome wheel option.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Do they care? Early on in the process I was straight up lied to and I knew for a fact it was lies and when I called the guy out on it he got extremely rude to me. Granted, none of that is against the law but I talked to GMC and they basically said they were sorry but since dealerships are independently owned I just needed to report it to the customer service person or management at the dealership.
Every Chevy I have bought the last few years the salesman are beyond adamant that u give them 10 stars or 5 stars I can’t remember which on the review. If they get anything below perfect it must not be good....

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ten star salesman for years but since his retirement I've seen a couple five star salemen but mostly two or three star ones. The salesman from whom I bought more vehicles than I care to remember once got me a discount that came the day after the sale was finalized, sales were so easy I'd simply tell him what I wanted for my trade-in, once the sale was complete he'd show me every function whether you wanted to see it or not. I miss Tom, you yunguns don't know what you're missing.

IndyMom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depends on the "type" of warranty you purchase and the wording, generally there are 3 levels of warranty from a 3rd party, basic, powertrain and bumper to bumper\
never buy the basic, it covers nothing essentially and will be worded as such if you pay attention, it really only covers "some" items provided they flat out break.
the powertrain warranty is better and usually covers the "powertrain" should something break like the engine, transmission, differential, radiator, etc. does not cover maintenance items, the bumper to bumper is usually overpriced and not worth the gamble and still will not cover things like airbags or other special items that you might consider to be covered.
it's all in the fine print and :wording:
and provided you get the warranty and go to use it later be prepared for the waiting game, any claims usually require "proof" with a adjuster and they can take there time, they only pay up to a certain labor rate (usually worked out with the shop for less than usual) and replacement parts may be used or refurbished or rebuilt and they will only pay a certain amount for said part going off a internal price list. do not expect golden ticket service and brand new parts.
too many people get mad because "the warranty" did not cover it, but had they read the details they would know what is or should be covered and what is likely not.
and on top of all that if you do not keep maintenance records your claim can be flat out denied because the "agreement" is always worded that you must maintain the vehicle, i.e. oil changes, fluid flush, brakes, plugs/wires, sensors, etc at the manufacture specified intervals
The above is all true. For me, the first and only time I purchased a BtB warranty (premium) I paid several $$$$ for it. I thoroughly questioned the Finance guy about what it actually covered. His smug repetitive reply was "It covers everything". Two years later the fuel line started leaking and the truck erupted into flames while parked in my driveway. Total loss. Thank the Lord it wasn't parked in my garage overnight or I wouldn't be here posting this. Relieved that I had purchased the expensive warranty, I filed the claim. 4 weeks later I got a check in the mail for $12 - the cost of the fuel line. When I called the warranty dept they told me my super-expensive warranty only covered the faulty part; the truck burning and melting into my driveway was considered Collateral Damage and thus, was not covered. Full disclosure: this was a Ford Expedition, not Chevy. Would Chevy have been any different? You guys tell me. Anyway, find yourself a top-notch mechanic who owns his own garage and pay him well to keep your investment in good shape. Wouldn't you rather pay him than a dealership warranty dept, anyway?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The above is all true. For me, the first and only time I purchased a BtB warranty (premium) I paid several $$$$ for it. I thoroughly questioned the Finance guy about what it actually covered. His smug repetitive reply was "It covers everything". Two years later the fuel line started leaking and the truck erupted into flames while parked in my driveway. Total loss. Thank the Lord it wasn't parked in my garage overnight or I wouldn't be here posting this. Relieved that I had purchased the expensive warranty, I filed the claim. 4 weeks later I got a check in the mail for $12 - the cost of the fuel line. When I called the warranty dept they told me my super-expensive warranty only covered the faulty part; the truck burning and melting into my driveway was considered Collateral Damage and thus, was not covered. Full disclosure: this was a Ford Expedition, not Chevy. Would Chevy have been any different? You guys tell me. Anyway, find yourself a top-notch mechanic who owns his own garage and pay him well to keep your investment in good shape. Wouldn't you rather pay him than a dealership warranty dept, anyway?
warranty and insurance are 2 different things..... a warranty does not cover damages, like say for instance you bought a new battery had it installed in your vehicle and you then proceed to drive up in the mountains to freezing level, the battery dies and you get stuck and freeze to death, eh too bad tough luck.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my yukon last sept., caught it on the dealer's website before it had a buyer. It had everything I wanted except for the black exhaust tip, I tried to get it taken off before I bought it but they gave me some story about the order being an approved dealer order and couldn't be changed at that point. After waiting for months for the yukon I wanted, I said put the damn tip on and you can't even see it because it's hiding behind the bumper. I wasn't going to let that exhaust tip keep me from getting that truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu