New body old body fixup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, but much more expensive. I’m all about budget fixes, haha! I think just one fender is $400 for a Capa certified. I think I was looking at $2000 for 4 doors and the front 2 fenders. The auto body shop quoted me a ridiculous price of $7000 a couple of years ago.

I think I will have spent $500 (including the fender flares) after all is said and done.
$400 for 1 fender? Thaf's insane. That oem or aftermarket? I was thinking about a reg junkyard when I made that comment.20201228_210119.jpg
https://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/?Ntt=Fender&

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I believe it was from CarId or GMPartsDirect. Maybe it’s because it’s Capa certified? The junkyard is a great idea, but I didn’t even bother as it’s the rust belt and I just assumed they’d all be rusty. I should have looked though. Those prices you showed me are better! What website that from?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just looked at those and those are Capa certified as well! Wish I had seen those before doing all that grinding! :doh2:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Here’s the fenders I was looking at

Fender & Components for 2007 GMC Yukon  GMPartsDirect.com.png

I should have looked elsewhere. I see now that even on CarId they are about $240. Sometimes I like to do it the hard way I guess.

TeleTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glenn,
Are flood trucks something a guy needs to be on the look out for in TX? In the past they would be “repaired “ and find their way up North.
It can be if you buy a vehicle within six months of a major Hurricane season along the coast. Those type of issues usually show up on a car fax search though. I would stay away from them.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be if you buy a vehicle within six months of a major Hurricane season along the coast. Those type of issues usually show up on a car fax search though. I would stay away from them.

Thanks Glenn. You could have a part time job, bird dogging for us rust belt guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts