New/Alternative Spare Tire Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's the scoop: I recently blew one of my rear tires in my denali. BFG A/T KO2's. They still have TONS of good tread only about a year and a half old, but I don't want to buy just 1 new tire, I'd rather have matching tread on the front wheels and rear wheels. Therefor - Ideally I'd like to buy 2 NEW tires and mount them on the rear, and save my 1 good partially-worn rear tire as a spare and just toss the old worn out factory spare.

Here's the question: anyone know of a stainless steal 18" rim that mates with the factory spare mount under the truck?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Denali is awd vs 2wd then all 4 tires have to be within 2/32 of each other, otherwise you risk damaging the drivetrain, I have run into this problem also and I managed to find one good used tire that was within spec. if it is 2wd then nothing to worry about

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full time AWD system in these trucks splits 60/40 power between front and rear gears. I would think same tire size and model but tread difference will not matter between front and rear. Am I wrong?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full time AWD system in these trucks splits 60/40 power between front and rear gears. I would think same tire size and model but tread difference will not matter between front and rear. Am I wrong?

Yes. Sell them off and buy a new set. Or find a pair that have the same tread depth or within a 1/16th.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your Denali is awd vs 2wd then all 4 tires have to be within 2/32 of each other, otherwise you risk damaging the drivetrain, I have run into this problem also and I managed to find one good used tire that was within spec. if it is 2wd then nothing to worry about
what if you have locking diff?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been told, though I have never seen it, that there is a service that can 'shave' off the tread on a new tire to match the existing tire tread depth on the remaining three tires. That way, you would only need to replace the one tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC