New 2013 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's almost spring here in western NY so time to start monkeying around with this thing again.
Last fall I had it oil sprayed to keep the rust away, it's a rust free vehicle, here in Erie county of NY they dump tons of salt to the tune of 40,000 pounds a season. I only drove it a handful of times on dry days with dry roads, last week it took 2 1/2 hrs and several 5 gallon buckets of hot soapy water to get the oil/dirt residue off the body, what a freaking job !
Once clean I finally installed the Black Bear 91+ octane tuner, what a nice peppy upgrade, noticable difference even in the idle sound, the "car guy" neighbor said he looked out the window to see what the new car was around here lol
So my big 3 performance upgrades are done, full cold air kit, performance muffler and the tuner, now onto installing the air overload bags in the rear springs once I figure out a good place for the Schrader valve. I thought inside the gas filler door was a nice out of way spot but once I got a good look at it that's not a practical location, so the hunt will continue, didn't really want to drill the towing receiver but I may have to.
Another thing I have to address is the tires, they need replacing but with what, I've read just about every tire thread there is but still unclear on a good choice for a V rated replacement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The middle jump seat/console was already installed in my PPV when I bought it so I am unsure of this question.

Is it fixed into position or can it slide forward and backwards like a seat ?

The thing is really close to the dash and I wouldn't mind a little more room to get to the charging outlets in the dash.

Screenshot_20210419-225753_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20210419-225719_Drive.jpg

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the rev limiter would be set on my 13 PPV ?

I had some interesting tire slippage the other day on a wet road, it didn't pull power away like originally with the stabilitrak, traction control light was on in the dash, that's when I noticed the tach a little past 6k but not hitting the limiter.
This is the first time letting it eat , going up a slight grade, since putting the BlackBear tune in it, I figure the road is wet so the tires will spin so not really taxing the engine. I sent an email to BlackBear to see if they raised the limiter or if it gets turned off with the tune, also curious about that stabilitrak, but didn't get an answer yet from them.
My understanding the only way to turn that off was to pull the ABS fuse, but this was definitely spinning the tires for about 5 seconds straight.

Screenshot_20210510-191722_Google.jpg

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting these to replace the Goodyear RS-A's, they seem to have decent reviews

Nexen Roadian HP 265/60R17 108V
nexen-roadian-hp-b-265-60-17-n908895-1__26806.1601032228.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys