Never Say Never

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmation from the guy in Buffalo that he is flying down tomorrow morning. He already gave his flight info and has already gotten a trip tag and insurance. The question he’s asking makes him sound like a shade tree mechanic like most of us. He was going to bring hire a local mechanic to look it over, but when I told him he could borrow my tools including my jack and ramps I guess He figured I had Nothing to hide so he passed on the mechanic. The first thing he asked for was the engine to be cold which I’m sure he wants to make sure it doesn’t smoke at start-up. If he doesn’t take it, I have 3 other back-ups to go to. I think the only thing I need to double check is the air pressure in the spare since he’s driving it back to Buffalo. Gonna hate to see her go, but I’m sure it will be taken care of

And your truck would say thank you for not sending it to Buffalo to die a swift death!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just got confirmation from the guy in Buffalo that he is flying down tomorrow morning. He already gave his flight info and has already gotten a trip tag and insurance. The question he’s asking makes him sound like a shade tree mechanic like most of us. He was going to bring hire a local mechanic to look it over, but when I told him he could borrow my tools including my jack and ramps I guess He figured I had Nothing to hide so he passed on the mechanic. The first thing he asked for was the engine to be cold which I’m sure he wants to make sure it doesn’t smoke at start-up. If he doesn’t take it, I have 3 other back-ups to go to. I think the only thing I need to double check is the air pressure in the spare since he’s driving it back to Buffalo. Gonna hate to see her go, but I’m sure it will be taken care of
He'll def buy it. I'm sure he doesn't want to go home empty handed.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said his flight is $120 plus his Uber from the airport so his expenses aren’t that bad. I told him I’d fill it up before he leaves, but 1 tank won’t get him from VA Beach to Buffalo. I get the feeling he’s been looking for a while. Hopefully he will get the same enjoyment out of it that I did.

He'll def buy it. I'm sure he doesn't want to go home empty handed.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m slowly starting my search for a well cared for NNBS rig and I think after the holidays probably late January I’ll be able to pull the trigger. I’m expanding my search as far north as San Fran and Sacramento. And as Far East as the eastern part of Arizona. Sometimes a small travel makes for the best deal! Lol. I found a couple out in chandler Arizona that were good looking rigs. I was about ready to jump on a low mileage 2013 that came about last week. It had just over 46k on the odometer. He sent date abs time stamped photos of the odometer so it was legit. But he was the second owner, the first being a company and it was their corporate ride. He couldn’t produce any maintenance records. And he was irritated that I was asking to see maintenance records. I’m like any serious buyer is going to ask for that. Lol. At any rate I passed on it because of that. But that truck was tow and a half hours and 115 miles away from me in the northern part of Los Angeles county. So I’m not surprised you have a guy coming from Buffalo! Good luck and hopefully he makes the deal!

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of salt. They put down brine and salt in NoVa when it snows, but they don’t get the same amount of snow you get farther North. I don't mind snow every now and then, but not like you get.
They’re using that same mixture here in big bear, despite it being illegal. Nice white layer on the road a night before every snowstorm. I HATE it!! :banghead:

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
63D2B319-12F8-4B0A-BE97-229FCF1EFF18.jpeg Just sold it to a guy from Buffalo. Very nice guy and an easy transaction. I probably could have held on to it longer and got $9K, but I think $8500 was a fair price. It definitely sounds like he’s going to take great care of it. He said the first thing he’s gonna do when he gets back is undercoat it to try to protect it from the salt. I really hate to see it go, it was really good to me for the time I had It and I hope the guy who bought gets the same trouble free use out of as I did
I’m sure I’ll still check this site out every now and then to see what’s up. Take care and safe driving to everybody.
Danny

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 265226 Just sold it to a guy from Buffalo. Very nice guy and an easy transaction. I probably could have held on to it longer and got $9K, but I think $8500 was a fair price. It definitely sounds like he’s going to take great care of it. He said the first thing he’s gonna do when he gets back is undercoat it to try to protect it from the salt. I really hate to see it go, it was really good to me for the time I had It and I hope the guy who bought gets the same trouble free use out of as I did
I’m sure I’ll still check this site out every now and then to see what’s up. Take care and safe driving to everybody.
Danny
Congrats and sadness in one post.
Take care Danny.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours if we don’t see you around

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good and bad day Danny. Hey, maybe you'll get another nbs just to tinker with. I bet you told him about the forums. Always sad to see an old faithful "friend" drive off into the sunset.
Merry Christmas @Danny3737.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7