Need your thoughts and all suggestion on rec fuel ⛽️ and storage tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video was made for you Jorge! Watch here:

I've had those Eagle cans in years past, don't remember what happened to them. If you have one or two for the lawn mower they are fine but take up a lot of space if you want to have lots of fuel to power a portable generator. These jerry cans are the first ones that didn't stink up the car when full of fuel, or leak! Well, those old VP race bottles didn't leak either but someone stole those and they was for racing.

I bought a Caterpillar 5500 generator a few years ago, still in the box in the garage. I like that it was not designed to be a throw away item, but to be serviced for a long time. We shall see. My father had a Honda and didn't take care of it and when he went to have the carburetor rebuilt, he was told there were no parts.

Wish I knew more Jorge, need to spend more time at those Holiday Inn Express joints!
Wow you got me now the part I like the best it won’t stink up the car when I get fuel ⛽️ I hate that gas smell do you suggest any gas caddy like 14 gallons any good

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 5 gallon plastic fuel containers. If a little pressure builds up, they swell rather than vent and let gas fumes out. I have 5 of them. I rotate them from time to time in my cars. I add Stabil to the can before filling so I always have fresh fuel available. Gasoline weighs 7 pounds per gallon and 5 gallons is all I want to carry. We get thunderstorms here and some can take the power out for a long time. Get one with a handle on the top and side to make using them easier.

I have two generators and both have Generac gen sets. The engines on both are Briggs and Stratton. The 5500 watt unit is a Wheel House brand and the 8000 watt unit is a Generac brand. Both have low oil shut offs. The 8000 watt is electric start. I usually use the smaller one to power my refrigerator, a couple of lights, a window air unit and maybe a TV.

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Thought I would throw my 2c in. Look to non gas and use propane, easier to store and travel with. I live on OBX NC my house has a 16k with two 150 lb propane tanks. I also use on event sites 3 different types of portables from 2000i Yamaha up to 12000 and all run on propane.
You won't have travel restrictions in tunnel and such traveling with propane vs gas cans. Won't go bad and you can always find a place to swap out the smaller tanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd