Need some suggestions on mods for the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I forgot about this post. It turned out to be a long repair list and cost more than 3 times what I was expecting. Had a cracked oil pan, broken motor and tranny mounts, leaking lines, leaking front diff and a few other things.The tranny rebuild itself was done in trade for some interior work or it would have cost me even more. My buddy did a corvette shift servo, high energy bands, check valve delete and some other tricks. Drives like a dream now.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I forgot about this post. It turned out to be a long repair list and cost more than 3 times what I was expecting. Had a cracked oil pan, broken motor and tranny mounts, leaking lines, leaking front diff and a few other things.The tranny rebuild itself was done in trade for some interior work or it would have cost me even more. My buddy did a corvette shift servo, high energy bands, check valve delete and some other tricks. Drives like a dream now.
What's a check valve delete do? Never heard of that one.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It gets rid of the check valve in the fluid preheater circuit. It's something that if it sticks can cook the transmission. Probably not a huge issue but it's one less thing to worry about. He builds hundreds of transmissions a year so I just let him do his thing.

mainecrab

Reaction score
Good news on the job and would say new tails or headlights always look great and older vehicles usually have better options price wise on those.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably just going to polish the stock headlights. I haven't found much that I like the look of and already have all front LED lights. I haven't found many tail lights I like either.