Need some suggestions on mods for the Denali

Discussion in 'Performance' started by EfiniMotorsport, Nov 12, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. EfiniMotorsport

EfiniMotorsport Full Access Member

Name:
    Brent
    I have an 04 Yukon Denali that will be going in for a transmission rebuild in a few weeks. The trans will be built with high energy bands, corvette shift servo, larger cooler and some other "heavy duty" parts. I figured while it's out I should do a few of those "since I'm already in there" things. I'm looking for suggestions on a deeper trans pan, off-road y-pipe and maybe headers. I'm looking into a BB tune and an e-fan too. Right now my only engine mod is an intake and aluminum radiator.

2. ks03

ks03 TYF Newbie

Name:
    M
    Not really a mods, but if I have my y pipe off for any reason I’ll be putting in new manifold bolts and gaskets. Mine are all intact, just seen so many with broken off bolts.
    Maybe put some dye in the engine oil a week ahead of time, if the rear main or whatever that plate is on the back of the engine, is starting to leak, you’ll be right there.
    I had a BB tune done, and e-fan shortly after. I feel like the tune did a lot for the trans, all of which I liked. Because of that I would say not to have it done at the same time, drive it a little first before getting the tune, so you know what changes did what.

3. EfiniMotorsport

Name:
    Brent
    Looks like I'm going to have to wait on the tune anyway. I found out today I'm getting laid off for a little while. FML.

4. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident resident

Name:
    Tony
    That sux man. I hope everything works out on your end. Sending good vibes your way brotha :console:

Joseph Garcia and Big Mama like this.
  5. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    Same here good luck man

Tonyrodz likes this.
  6. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Build It Better Supporting Member

Name:
    Mark
    Sorry about your job status. I would replace the rear main seal whether it’s leaking if not. It’s a $40 part but can only be replaced by pulling the trans so normally it’s $600 in labor. It would suck to have it go out a few months or a year after you already had the trans out.

7. EfiniMotorsport

Name:
    Brent
    I am doing the rear main, oil cooler lines and gasket, trans cooler lines as well as a larger cooler, new flex plate and starter (grinds occasionally), New outer diff seal and maybe the oil pan gasket if it needs it. Turned out getting laid off worked out well for me. Got another job 2 days later and almost a 50% pay bump to start. I dropped the front bumper off to the painter last weekend and will be upgrading most of the stereo in the next few weeks.

Tonyrodz and Rocket Man like this.
  8. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    Glad to hear about the job more than anything. The extra pay doesn’t hurt. The Lord always has a plan and He rarely asks for our opinion. Congratulations

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  9. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident resident

Name:
    Tony
    Good for you!!

10. Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia Full Access Member

Name:
    Joseph
    Great news for you!!