Need Some Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to add fog/driving lights to my Hoe since I got it 2 years ago, but I haven't really seen anything that looked factory enough for me to install them. I was thinking about the tow hook holes, and in the bumper, or behind the grille, but I don't think it would look as good as it could.

But last night I was thinking about how big the turn signal/park light housing is and thought about installing a driving light in the park light housing.

I took a quick measurement and its ~3x5" opening per side on the park light. I found some driving lights that are 3x5, but don't know if they will work like I want them to.

But basically I want to cut out the inside turn signal housing and epoxy a driving light there and still have it removeable to change the bulb if I have to, and also have it seperate from the turn signal bulb so that functions like normal. I know I would have to install a resistor to make the flash right, but thats not a problem. The only thing that I'm really worried about is the angle of the housing for the driving lights, and the amount of space that is behind the park light housing.

Tomorrow I'm going to walmart, oreillys, and autozone to see if I can find a shallow driving light that will fit my needs and mabye start cutting my clear housings up to see what I can make of them.

But opinions are welcome. What do you think of the idea? And do you think they would be a legal mod? I'd still have turn signals, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically if this is the drivers side park light housing I want to install a fog light in the red area. But I plan on cutting the backing out and fixing the complete fog light housing to the park light housing, if that makes sense

Attachments

• 6481.jpg
    6481.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a better idea since I pulled the park lights to repaint my grille shell today. Instead of fitting an actual fog light into the park light I'm just going to install a 9005 bulb on the inside spot and wire it up like that and see how it works out. Then the outside bulb would still be the signal light and I shouldn't have problems as far as being legal.

But does every Tahoe have a fog light harness? If not I will just get a relay and tie it into the low beams and get a switch to turn them off if I need to.

I will have pics of the process soon enough :D

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
i wired my old ones up with the parking lights using a relay. I dont think theres a fog harness, and if there is, it runs with the drls, meaning the relay box for the drl's would have to be pulled in place of the fuse if you wanted to bypass them.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics

Well I got them temp installed to see how the light output is, and I'm really impressed :D I tried to take pics, but I think my camera has about had it. I have to put it on a tripod or the pics don't turn out anymore.

But heres what I have...and I'm sorry they suck :(

Attachments

• P1010711.jpg
    P1010711.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 8
  • P1010717.jpg
    P1010717.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010718.jpg
    P1010718.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010727.jpg