Need some insight, crank/no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 4.8 2wd Tahoe. Last weekend driving down the highway it shut off completely. Rolled to the side of the road, realized no fuel pump whine. Towed it to a friends shop, checked fuses, relays, etc. we have no power at the fuse. We sent power to the pump after pulling the under hood fuse box out and it turns on fine. Everything else electrical works as it should on the truck. Under the fuse box was clean and not corroded and I actually did the “big 3” over a month ago. Just wondering if anyone has had an issue like this. We are in the process of checking the wiring from the ignition etc. Thanks!

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update, have power. Stupidity on my part. When I swapped relays on side of road I put it in 180 off.....pump turns on but sounds extremely weak (can’t hear it unless you’re directly under tank) and has no fuel pressure. Dropping tank tomorrow to check voltage and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011