Need some help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsh1106

Reaction score
I want to lift my 2017 Tahoe
4" front - 2" rear
I have the RPO Z85 rear air shocks.

I've spent the last two days reading and re-reading and still don't know for sure if this can be done and retain the Z85 setup.

What say those who know more than I ????

Scott

2017 Tahoe - LS

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" front - 2" rear

I've spent the last two days reading and re-reading and still don't know for sure if this can be done and retain the Z85 setup.

Scott

2017 Tahoe - LS
Any other "Z" codes? Z85 is a designator for a heavy duty trailering package. The older 2500 wagons used this as does my NHT equipped 1/2 ton Sierra. Both of those trucks use regular shocks and springs out back. In the case of the two mentioned, they use leaf springs, yours will be coils.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" front - 2" rear

Scott

2017 Tahoe - LS

I thought there were shock extenders for these purposes, at least for mild lifts such as 2". For the front, you could either use longer struts designed for lifting or use spindles and strut spacers. You definitely don't want to do the full 4" with spacers. Before you lift it, precisely mark the ride height sensors so you can use longer link rods to put them back at that position after the lift.

OP
OP
D

dsh1106

Reaction score
I'll try to post up the window sticker....

In the meantime, this is a bone stock 2017 LS
3.42 gears
integrated trailer brake
hi/lo transfer case
IIRC max trailer package with rear only AIR SHOCKS

I've looked at
TUFF COUNTRY 4" lift (4" front 2" rear)
Ready Lift 4" lift

I would prefer a kit that doesn't require cutting and welding.

Thanks again
Scott

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try to post up the window sticker....

In the meantime, this is a bone stock 2017 LS
3.42 gears
integrated trailer brake
hi/lo transfer case
IIRC max trailer package with rear only AIR SHOCKS

I've looked at
TUFF COUNTRY 4" lift (4" front 2" rear)
Ready Lift 4" lift

I would prefer a kit that doesn't require cutting and welding.

Thanks again
Scott
From what little I know about lift kits, the good ones cut and weld to maintain ride quality and keep it strong down there, no twisting.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can do a budget kit like this, you would then just need to make your own longer ride height rod's for the 4 sensors
that's the only reason they say "it won't work" because of the sensors but that is not hard to work around.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To retain those rear air shocks, you would want to get shock extension brackets like Wes pointed to. With a lift, your payload will decrease because of the added weight, which will in turn reduce the amount that you can tow. Pretty cool, learned a little about your generations suspension and features with the information you provided and ACDelco's website.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
From what little I know about lift kits, the good ones cut and weld to maintain ride quality and keep it strong down there, no twisting.
I’m no expert on the ‘17 models, however I have a similar perspective. I’d rather cut / weld once than ride around daily with a compromised suspension or driveline. Four inches of lift needs a diff drop. Whatever that entails.

Buy once, cry once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf