Need some explanations please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m thinking of running some Fox Shocks that are 0”-3” lift. But in order to run this set up, you need new UCA (Upper Control Arms). Can some please explain to me why. I know it has to do with achieving better angles and geometry for the suspension and what not. I just can’t wrap my head around it. Thanks in advance.

Also would having new, extended UCA help with bump steer?

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have bump steer because of your wheel offset, plain and simple. You’ve got way too much positive scrub radius which does silly things to a vehicle. Notice any poor braking too?

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have bump steer because of your wheel offset, plain and simple. You’ve got way too much positive scrub radius which does silly things to a vehicle. Notice any poor braking too?

I’ve had zero braking issues. If anything I feel it’s gotten better since I now have new tires with more traction, unlike my old used ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not want to thread hijack but I have what i think is a problem that driectly relates here. i have a 2009 Tahoe with a 3.5" body lift that I recently bought. My drivers side Upper Ball Joint is squalling like a wild boar caught in a trap, when I turn the steering wheel. Per the seller both sides UCA were replaced within the last year. I think the 3.5" lift is somehow stressing the UCA's and I need to know what type of UCA to go back with so I am not having to change them out once a year? Sorry if this has been answered before but I have bounced around the search feature for a while here and I cannot pinpoint it.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never had a lifted vehicle before so I am just not familiar at all.

arctictwist

Reaction score
Do not want to thread hijack but I have what i think is a problem that driectly relates here. i have a 2009 Tahoe with a 3.5" body lift that I recently bought. My drivers side Upper Ball Joint is squalling like a wild boar caught in a trap, when I turn the steering wheel. Per the seller both sides UCA were replaced within the last year. I think the 3.5" lift is somehow stressing the UCA's and I need to know what type of UCA to go back with so I am not having to change them out once a year? Sorry if this has been answered before but I have bounced around the search feature for a while here and I cannot pinpoint it.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never had a lifted vehicle before so I am just not familiar at all.

If you have a BODY lift, its not affecting your suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne