Need some assistance with ongoing HVAC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
UMDSmith

UMDSmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doubleleive - mine does a similar thing, but always flashes the snowflake if I try and turn on the AC when it goes into "off" mode.

Today it has been exceptionally bad. It would work for 5 minutes, then cut off (never done that before).

Rocket Man, sometimes it does that, but sometimes it works right when you start it. I'll give the condenser a look at. The fins aren't clogged and the electric fans seem to be working. I am going to go ahead and evacuate the system and replace the orifice tube.

SRQYukon - Maybe, I'll have to look into it. I did replace the tensioner a few months back with a new part as the old one had a squeel sometimes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The snowflake flashes 3 times anytime the ac is commanded on at the controls but something is preventing it, anything from the controls set to defrost, condenser not performing good enough, compressor isn’t coming on, low on refrigerant, etc.

OP
OP
UMDSmith

UMDSmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, even though my pressures looked good, I added an entire can and got the high side over 200 lbs, and the AC got much colder and stayed on. The condenser looked great (both sides). I know this because I also discovered that my radiator developed a leak (noticed low coolant in tank), and as I was running it today the leak got MUCH worse. Turns on the plastic on the right side of the radiator developed a crack, so the AC diagnosis is on hold as I replace the radiator. Already pulled the old one out, new one is on order.

Probably going to sell the tahoe soon. Love the vehicle but will be doing some longer road trips in the near future and may get a low mileage GMC or chevy pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094