Need rear wiper motor mounting studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CounselorM24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the Tahoe gig, I'm trying to remove my rear wiper motor, and i was able to get one stud out by holding the net with a wrench and using a screwdriver flat head to spin the stud as per usual. The other has broken where the flat head goes in and i had to cut it off. Does anyone know where I can obtain one of these studs? I can most likely reuse the nut as it may not be damaged. I am not looking to pull one from a junk yard if I can help it. If they are not obtainable, what can i use in it's place given the difficult access behind the panel?

Thank You
Mike

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other more knowledgeable folks than me will chime in.

OP
OP
C

CounselorM24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, but i gave a good look at it and wound up using nuts and bolts to reattach, I've also had to cut and grind off the bolt and threaded portion that holds in the window latch assembly, as those broke when removing as well. Used bolts with lock nuts there. Worked perfectly with M6 bolts for all.

Thank You,
Michael

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I tried to remove my rear wiper in order to access a bolt behind it for a piece of trim.
Mine also did the spinning trick.
I ended up just notching the plastic base out with a die grinder so i could remove the bolt behind it.
(that was also fkd and required some repair of the body piece)

from what i recall reading on the subject, the new bolt comes with the replacement wiper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018