Need ordering process explained.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be an issue? I’ve already bought mine and added it to my insurance. Now it’s just chillin at the rail yard for weeks on in.
My banker still waiting on the dealership to send whatever he needs. Just ready to have a vehicle.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This link isn’t always accurate
I keep telling myself that and hoping I will get that text or call. My salesman was suppose to find out what the deal is but still haven’t heard from him. Pretty sure it was to just blow me off for a few days.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’m good there. But I also can’t imagine it’s at any greater risk for damage than it’s going to be when it’s parked at my work downtown. Your dealer handles things differently from mine.

There is potential damage in transit. It’s not common…but it does happen.

sickk21

Reaction score
There is potential damage in transit. It’s not common…but it does happen.
Absolutely. There’s always potential for damage somewhere. I don’t see it as the end of the world. Besides that, damage wouldn’t be my problem anyways. Signed a paper at the dealer.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m good there. But I also can’t imagine it’s at any greater risk for damage than it’s going to be when it’s parked at my work downtown. Your dealer handles things differently from mine.

How are they going to sell it to someone else if someone else has already bought it? I’ll complain all I want, I own it.

guess my post was taken the wrong way

Not that I agree with the practice of buying vehicles prior to them arriving, but I agree that buyers will have to buy the vehicle prior to it arriving if that is what the dealer is requiring - especially if the buyer wasn't told up front about their business practices....if you had said no way am i going to do that, they'd possibly said "good day" and had someone else pay for it in less than 30 mins

all sorts of situations where buyer's waiting for months to only get screwed out of their order at the last minute...national news had a guy threatening to sue a dealer over this exact situation - he took it to the media and the dealer backed down.

actually standing up for you in your situation...not ideal but those are the cards you're dealt with your dealer...easy for anyone to say to not use that dealer but I doubt you knew they were going to pull that one on you...I'd done the same if I was in that situation just to get a vehicle.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
all sorts of situations where buyer's waiting for months to only get screwed out of their order at the last minute...national news had a guy threatening to sue a dealer over this exact situation - he took it to the media and the dealer backed down.

I’d much rather do business elsewhere than find out my brand new car already needs XYZ replaced and needs to be painted over because it was damaged during transit….

And there’s nothing you can do about it because the car is already yours.

It does happen. Most dealers seem to not even disclose the minor dings,dents,scratches and make sure they’re taken care of before the customer ever sees it. But if you Google
It some people have horror stories where they decline the vehicle because what’s the point of buying a brand new car that already needs to go to the body shop.

But if you already own it….no such thing as saying sorrt I don’t want it

sickk21

Reaction score
I’d much rather do business elsewhere than find out my brand new car already needs XYZ replaced and needs to be painted over because it was damaged during transit….

And there’s nothing you can do about it because the car is already yours.

It does happen. Most dealers seem to not even disclose the minor dings,dents,scratches and make sure they’re taken care of before the customer ever sees it. But if you Google
It some people have horror stories where they decline the vehicle because what’s the point of buying a brand new car that already needs to go to the body shop.

But if you already own it….no such thing as saying sorrt I don’t want it
Like I said, just not the end of the world for me. You’re persistently negative. What do you want me to do? Cry and admit I made a mistake? I don’t feel I have. I have no issue owning a vehicle in transport. My family owns a transportation company. I grew up shuttling our fleet to and from the body shop because accidents occur aplenty.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Like I said, just not the end of the world for me. You’re persistently negative. What do you want me to do? Cry and admit I made a mistake? I don’t feel I have. I have no issue owning a vehicle in transport. My family owns a transportation company. I grew up shuttling our fleet to and from the body shop because accidents occur aplenty.

Just trying to give some advice to help people out.

Lots of people order a car, wait months for it to be built, and once it’s built it then sits on a lot outside the plant for a few more Months waiting on chips…meanwhile they’re already paying probably $1000+ a month in financing and they already paid their insurance premium on the vehicle. Seems foolish to me…especially if you finally get your car and there are issues

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will go ahead and admit I have paid for a vehicle before it was delivered to the dealer, in 1988, a Ford Mustang GT, had all the fancy flarings, 5 speed manual, and 302 V8. I saw the vehicle 3 months after I started paying for it. Nothing like receiving a call that it had been wrecked when it was being backed off the truck at the dealership. When they were backing it off the the truck ramps, the delivery driver turned the wheel and front end fell off the ramps, the guy panicked, floored it, which drug the front end on the steel ramps, ripped off the front bumper, then into 2 parked cars on the lot. It took another 2 months for the body shop to repair it. It never drove right the entire time I owned it, you could tell they had painted it when it was starting to fade about 4 years later, and would eat front tires. I will never pre-pay again, they can sell it to someone else, I will go elsewhere.
This is probably a one off, better luck winning the lotto, but it does happen.

sickk21

Reaction score
A lot is foolish these days. I’m sure worse is happening. Like paying $200k over asking for a house. I’m not going to wait 6 months to a year for a Chevy. Played the game to only have to wait a month. I’ll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518