Need more clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Looks like alot of great info here.

I have an '03 Z71 running 285 70 17's. I've had the front end leveled by cranking the torsion bars up, but I am having some clearance problems when offroading.
I'm pondering the poor mans lift (body lift), but have also heard of the leveling kits. It sounds like if my torsion bars are already cranked up that adding a leveling kit will make my rig look like the front is sitting lower again.
Is this true? My truck sits almost level now and I do not want to lose that look.
Is my best option without spending a ton of money to do a 3 in. body lift?

Thanks for the help.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
If you looking for just a lil more height then i would go with some ford/aftermarket keys. You get about another 1.5" of the stock keys. You truck wont lower with lift keys

sweetcarz02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question for you Colorado Z71.. with your 285/70/17 setup when not off-roading, how does it work? Are you rubbing and do you have any modifications? Thinking about running the same tire and not sure on everyday clearance.

OP
OP
C

Colorado Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No rubbing on the front. The rear will occasionally hit the wheel well when turning sharp and off camber, i.e. turning hard and fast into a driveway that is uphill. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep