Need it as quiet as possible without choking the flow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have cats on the headers. I don't want it to smell too bad. Let me tell you the Corsa Sport for the 6.2L with the long tubes was LOUD (at WOT)! I loved it but not what I wanted for an Escalade. My friend's 05 RCSB 5.3L with long tubes and Corsa Sport is nowhere near as loud as mine was.

You can get away with a lot less muffler on a truck than an SUV. I had a muffler that was really loud on a Yukon and put it on my buddy's extended cab Sierra. It was just right on his truck.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get away with a lot less muffler on a truck than an SUV. I had a muffler that was really loud on a Yukon and put it on my buddy's extended cab Sierra. It was just right on his truck.

That is extremely true and I never even thought about that.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and you did that yourself very nice! The over axle section is really tight the dual 3" has been squished a bit and has a few dents from the axle shoving it into the body from before I added appropriately sized bump stops and after the free travel mod.

I ordered some slip fittings so I can attach each resonator/muffler directly to the tailpipe and record the decibel difference. I also found a set of Dynomax bullets in the very bottom of my parts stash so I have 3 sets of different sized straight through muffler/resonators to test. Looking at the Dynomax specs they claim up to a 4-decibel drop with just a single 6" bullet. So I have hopes that a combination of the 6 will get me where I want to be while all being straight through.

Thanks!

That tight axle-to-pipe clearance is why I got the 3.5". I'll squash it to 2.75" or a little less, and, just like I did with the factory arch, I'll put it tighter to the body.

The way I see it, if you have all these 3" mufflers and no other use, you could just put 'em all on there. It's either run regular pipe or run mufflers. They won't inhibit flow, especially with dual 3" on an N/A 6.0.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, since the entire thing is behind the cab not as much noise gets inside. His truck is also a 5.3L vs. my 6.2L which flows less air and has smaller pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518