Need it as quiet as possible without choking the flow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I backed it outta the shop yesterday to clean up some of the mess from the three-month havoc so I could get under it and measure for exhaust options. Went in the house for lunch and, next thing I know, it's storming with sideways rain blowing straight into the shop. Solid puddle on the floor half-way into the length of the shop. After squeegeeing the water out and blow drying the stuff that got wet, I had enough and parked the Tahoe and went inside.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if vibrant ultra quiet resonators have been mention but they are awesome. Straight through design and they can survive any abuse. I suggest using a big muffler and then 1 or 2 vibrants to dial it down to your liking.

Looking for a cutaway of one of these. I found cutaways of the Corsa Touring muffler and it looks like it's actually more of a resonator design utilizing reflected wave cancelling. So far, the Vibrant looks like a glasspack (but maybe with steel wool or ceramic instead of fiberglass).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I backed it outta the shop yesterday to clean up some of the mess from the three-month havoc so I could get under it and measure for exhaust options. Went in the house for lunch and, next thing I know, it's storming with sideways rain blowing straight into the shop. Solid puddle on the floor half-way into the length of the shop. After squeegeeing the water out and blow drying the stuff that got wet, I had enough and parked the Tahoe and went inside.
Excuses excuses. At least you have a shop. For the last 2 weeks every time I go outside to start working it starts raining on me. But finally we have a week of sun. Yay.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use a couple magnaflow mufflers
MPE-12773 - 30" long 4"in/out 7" outside diameter in same location as stock muffler
and
MPE-14162
- 6" long 4"in/out where 3rd cat was

also dont know why i cant find them on magnaflow site anymore - I have a vibrant resonator new in the box somewhere in the garage if you need/want it pay for shipping or something i think its 3" or 3.5 in/out

i was thinking about putting another 6" where the stock resonator is behind the axle but its not to bad

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a cutaway of one of these. I found cutaways of the Corsa Touring muffler and it looks like it's actually more of a resonator design utilizing reflected wave cancelling. So far, the Vibrant looks like a glasspack (but maybe with steel wool or ceramic instead of fiberglass).

I believe you are correct. From my understanding the difference is that the Ultra quiet has a larger case and quiets substantially more than a bottle style. They are extremely well built and the polish job is mirror finish when new.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPE-12773 - 30" long 4"in/out 7" outside diameter in same location as stock muffler
and
MPE-14162

also dont know why i cant find them on magnaflow site anymore - I have a vibrant resonator new in the box somewhere in the garage if you need/want it pay for shipping or something i think its 3" or 3.5 in/out

i was thinking about putting another 6" where the stock resonator is behind the axle but its not to bad

I can't pass this! Shooting you a PM...

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and
MPE-14162

So, basically 36" of perforated core/packed muffler. How was the sound inside?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont think i have any videos of headers and all the 4" exhaust. no drone, a little loud accelerating. cruising was pretty quiet

couple inside vids with the turbo and all the 4". turbo didnt quiet it down as much as i thought it would. my phone picks up the sound a lot better than the gropro vids

and also make sure the headers and pipe dont hit the frame anywhere,

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9