Need info for removing heater hose from firewall on 2016 Tahoe for supercharger install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im installing an Edelbrock Supercharger on my 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe.

I've got 95% of the job done but i have to remove the heater hoses from the firewall and the instructions didn't mention a special tool. Is there a safe way to remove these hoses without the tool or a how-to online. I don't see anything for my year/generation.

Longer Shot but if you're in houston and If you have this tool and can drive to me on sat 4/27 or sun 4/28 (west houston on the edge of katy close to Clay Rd and Hwy 6) I would be willing to pay $200 for 1hr of time. That should be plenty of time to get the hoses unplugged which will us the ability to get the housing set properly and access the back bolt.

Since im unable to drive i would be able to paypal or venmo.

Also on another note. DON'T BUY THE EDELBROCK kit. The Magnuson TVS kits are much simpler kits. The use of separate runners makes things awkward and having gaskets between the runners and a 50lb top portion that aren't held in place by dowels or something is just a HORRIBLE design.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture of it?

if its the same as the old ones you can squeeze the "insert" together and pull the hose off, the insert will remain on the male connector and you can just take it off after to put back in the female side

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture of it?

if its the same as the old ones you can squeeze the "insert" together and pull the hose off, the insert will remain on the male connector and you can just take it off after to put back in the female side

Holy crap I feel like an idiot. 30 seconds. Thanks everyone! Really simple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442