Need help with suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give that a try and pick up those Z71 bumpers too. Mine aren't quite as bad as yours were, but they're definitely cracked and looking a little tired.

Eventually I want to replace every steering component except for inner/outer tie rod ends (previous owner had them replaced with documentation). I have a new pitman arm, new idler arm, new idler arm bracket and all bushings sitting in a box for whenever I get the motivation and tools to tackle that.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did all that. Its a lot of work, but feels so different now, in a good way.

Don't forget the steering shaft and bushing at the bottom of the column too. A lot of the clunky popping feeling comes when those are worn out.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Don't forget the steering shaft and bushing at the bottom of the column too. A lot of the clunky popping feeling comes when those are worn out.

Late reply, but which column bushing do you mean? I was looking at my steering shaft today from the column to the box, and it looks like the only wear parts on it are the two u-joints.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Late reply, but which column bushing do you mean? I was looking at my steering shaft today from the column to the box, and it looks like the only wear parts on it are the two u-joints.

It's at the top where the shaft meets the column on the NBS. Not sure if yours is the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972