Need help with suspension

Discussion in 'Suburban / Yukon XL / Escalade ESV' started by 07suburban2500, May 22, 2018.

1. MichaelSE

MichaelSE 2010 2500

Name:
    Michael
    Thanks, I'll give that a try and pick up those Z71 bumpers too. Mine aren't quite as bad as yours were, but they're definitely cracked and looking a little tired.

Eventually I want to replace every steering component except for inner/outer tie rod ends (previous owner had them replaced with documentation). I have a new pitman arm, new idler arm, new idler arm bracket and all bushings sitting in a box for whenever I get the motivation and tools to tackle that.

07suburban2500 likes this.
  2. camaroz1985

camaroz1985 Full Access Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Just did all that. Its a lot of work, but feels so different now, in a good way.

Don't forget the steering shaft and bushing at the bottom of the column too. A lot of the clunky popping feeling comes when those are worn out.

3. MichaelSE

MichaelSE 2010 2500

Name:
    Michael
    Late reply, but which column bushing do you mean? I was looking at my steering shaft today from the column to the box, and it looks like the only wear parts on it are the two u-joints.

4. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    It's at the top where the shaft meets the column on the NBS. Not sure if yours is the same.

MichaelSE likes this.
  5. camaroz1985

camaroz1985 Full Access Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Exactly, its inside the bottom end of the column, where the intermediate steering shaft attaches.

MichaelSE likes this.