Need help with rse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckeye Banker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I misread your original post. I have basically the same kenwood unit (906 instead of 706). Only problem I had with 2nd row was trying to use a cheap 1/8" to RCA component cable between receiver and the aftermarket harness. Came to find out the kenwood pinout on the 1/8" jack is not the same as the cable I purchased or any of the 3 laying around my house. Had to purchase kenwood CA-C3AV cable for about $19 from amazon to make it work. Multimeter confirmed that kenwood does not use the same pinout as "identical" cables I have for JVC camcorder and LG OLED TV.
Hope this helps! I love my new Kenwood unit!

OP
OP
S

Spades

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm only having problem of the video out to the 2nd row flip down monitor I try and play a movie on the kenwood deck and want it to display on the 2nd row flip down. I talked to an audio guy and he said it's like it's not being triggered on so maybe there is a wire on the factory harness that's a trigger wire but not sure have to look into it more

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the harness you used.

I have an '08 Burb LTZ and I installed a Kenwood DNX575S using a Maestro and have RSE working.

On my HU there are a couple settings that need to be selected depending on how you want the RSE to play (headphones or through the rear speakers).

Here is a video that shows the proper way to hook up the wiring harnesses for RSE and also shows you the settings I am talking about in the radio.

Skip ahead to about 2:30 for the menu settings...
https://binged.it/2ObhUjk

Hope this helps.
I also installed a Kenwood with Maestro. Do you have two rear monitors working. I can only get the second row screen to work. Third row stays dark.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also installed a Kenwood with Maestro. Do you have two rear monitors working. I can only get the second row screen to work. Third row stays dark.
You have to patch the 2nd row and 3rd row monitor cables together behind the factory harness to make the 3rd row work

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you that. Crutchfield had me tap the solid green and solid white wires on the idatalink gm harness. But it didn’t work.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

I don't have a 3rd row monitor, only 2nd row.

I remember reading about others doing what Wes suggested though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you that. Crutchfield had me tap the solid green and solid white wires on the idatalink gm harness. But it didn’t work.
you have to trace the 2 wires that are used to connect the 2nd row with the a/v adapter to the back of the factory harness and connect those to the 2 wires for the 3rd row, I don't have a diagram to show you and I would have to pull my deck out, has nothing to do with the idatalink the 3rd is just not physically connected once the factory unit is pulled out.
you have to patch the wires for the 2nd row screen to the 3rd, they should be next to 2nd row ones

adapter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie