need help with me Pioneer DEH-P5900iB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
******* stupid radio went into some type of Mute function and wont play any music through the speakers.. you can see its playing internally, but no sound what so ever.. the radio beeps and shit when you play with the remote.
I was just driving down the street and the damn thing just cut out and said mute all over the screen.. anyone??? help please??? before i punch my radio.. :emotions122:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure the ylw/blk mute wire on the harness isn't touching ground. If you left it exposed, it could be touching a metal brace, radio chassis, or anything that could be grounding it out, causing it to mute the radio.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
did you sit on the remote? have you tried turning it off and on? disconnecting the power?

good call JK, i didnt even think about that one. I'm so used to clipping unused wires.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
did you sit on the remote? have you tried turning it off and on? disconnecting the power?

good call JK, i didnt even think about that one. I'm so used to clipping unused wires.

Haha no i didnt sit on my remote. yea iwas trying to restart it and do everything. but then along came JK

Check to make sure the ylw/blk mute wire on the harness isn't touching ground. If you left it exposed, it could be touching a metal brace, radio chassis, or anything that could be grounding it out, causing it to mute the radio.

Thanks! it worked. when i buttconnected my wires, i never taped off that wire. it was hardly sticking out of the coating, but i guess it got in a good spot and was doing like you said... Good call. thanks again Jk.. :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3