Need Help with electrical gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badc4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I am posting in right spot, here is how issue started, on my A\C controls the fan speed switch only had 2 speeds of the 5 working. 4 & 5, so while removing cabin air filters I also cleaned the area they are in. with filter cover off the blower motor kicked on at high speed with key off and out of ignition, my buddy said blower speed problem was probably resister so while in there I decided to swap the one from my Suburban into Tahoe. one from Suburban known good. all speeds worked. after swapping I now had 3 speeds of the 5 working 3,4,5 and blower would still at random with key out of ignition just turn on by itself.. something that hasn't happened until I removed cabin filters. so I had to wrap up. the next evening I went to go to work and battery was dead. took another car to work and today I went out to hook up battery charger the blower kicked on. (without key in)well there's my dead battery issue. so what would make my blower( front ) just kick on by itself with no key in ignition? not sure if related or supposed to do this but my doors do not unlock after they have locked automatically after reaching 15mph until I partially remove key from ignition. my Suburban didn't do the 15mpg thing or unlock when key removed. both trucks 2001. Suburban is Z71 Tahoe is LS.

Also which relay is for the front hvac blower motor?

OP
OP
1badc4

1badc4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I am posting in right spot, here is how issue started, on my A\C controls the fan speed switch only had 2 speeds of the 5 working. 4 & 5, so while removing cabin air filters I also cleaned the area they are in. with filter cover off the blower motor kicked on at high speed with key off and out of ignition, my buddy said blower speed problem was probably resister so while in there I decided to swap the one from my Suburban into Tahoe. one from Suburban known good. all speeds worked. after swapping I now had 3 speeds of the 5 working 3,4,5 and blower would still at random with key out of ignition just turn on by itself.. something that hasn't happened until I removed cabin filters. so I had to wrap up. the next evening I went to go to work and battery was dead. took another car to work and today I went out to hook up battery charger the blower kicked on. (without key in)well there's my dead battery issue. so what would make my blower( front ) just kick on by itself with no key in ignition? not sure if related or supposed to do this but my doors do not unlock after they have locked automatically after reaching 15mph until I partially remove key from ignition. my Suburban didn't do the 15mpg thing or unlock when key removed. both trucks 2001. Suburban is Z71 Tahoe is LS.

Also which relay is for the front hvac blower motor?
IMG_20190810_160649.jpg IMG_20190810_160653.jpg IMG_20190810_160629.jpg IMG_20190810_160621.jpg

after some youtubing It looks like on my year the relay is integrated into resister, beings both resisters from Tahoe and Suburban are in similar condition I ordered a new resister/relay from Amazon and I will go from there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1badc4

1badc4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new resistor/relay. All fixed. IMG_20190812_135452.jpg IMG_20190812_130501.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for your locks.... you can set that option by using the lock unlock key in key out..... iirc ... def in the owners manual

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
How the hell did you get that resister to line up? Whats the part number? I cant find mine anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny