Need help w/part# for front coil springs on my 2011 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t expect an issue based on inspection- stamped metal part correctly lines up with everything else. Worse case I pay 45 bucks for the ac delco version and flip it out.

If you have experience or something to share just be str8 up so others can hear as well and make their decision.
I am always straight up in my posts on this Forum. I simply asked you to report back on your experience in 6-12 months, so that our collective knowledge base is increased with your experience in this alternate part selection. That's what we do here, as you should know.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All taken care of guys and appreciate the help. I ended up getting a set of moog front coil springs#81254 direct fit for my RWD z55 suspension.

looking forward to the final piece of my suspension rebuild.
Any update on how this is riding?
Those OEM Z55 coil springs are no longer manufactured by GM (Why? Who the heck knows!). I just went through this, and I had a dealer check the dealer inventory nationwide. There were 8 OEM coil springs in dealer inventories nationwide, and only 1 dealer actually had 2 in stock. The dealer price plus the added freight to get them to me, made them a non-starter. I purchased the Moog coil springs at Rock Auto, and so far, they work fine.
How are the Moog coils working out? Did you go OEM with your control arms replacements?

I recently ran into this same coil spring issue (2011 Denali 6.2l AWD). My RPO codes are Z55 / 6A5 / 7A5

The p/n for the top nut was listed as 15815519 but I’m guessing they might be different than yours since we have different codes.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am always straight up in my posts on this Forum. I simply asked you to report back on your experience in 6-12 months, so that our collective knowledge base is increased with your experience in this alternate part selection. That's what we do here, as you should know.

A dude on Cadillacforums used the febest part last year, I messaged him to see how it was working out

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any update on how this is riding?

How are the Moog coils working out? Did you go OEM with your control arms replacements?

I recently ran into this same coil spring issue (2011 Denali 6.2l AWD). My RPO codes are Z55 / 6A5 / 7A5

The p/n for the top nut was listed as 15815519 but I’m guessing they might be different than yours since we have different codes.
I am quite happy with the ride, and it is much better that the cheap aftermarket non-Z55 suspension parts that the previous owner or seller installed. The Moog springs are working fine, so far. I did go with genuine GM upper and lower control arms, which included the ball joints.

For your 2011's RPO codes that you posted, Rock Auto has front coils listed with a part number 20842473 at $69.79 each. I cross-referenced this part number on GMPartsGiant.com, and their cost is $85.24. HOWEVER, when I cross-referenced the part number on GMPartsDirect.com, it stated that this was not the correct part number, but instead, the correct part number is 25783732, at a cost of $58.76.

As such, you have a discrepancy here regarding the correct GM part number for the front coil springs that should be resolved, prior to you making any purchases. Please post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe can tell you what the correct GM OEM part number is for front coil springs is for your specific truck. He can also tell you what the correct OEM part number is for the nut for the top of the OEM strut/shock shaft.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am quite happy with the ride, and it is much better that the cheap aftermarket non-Z55 suspension parts that the previous owner or seller installed. The Moog springs are working fine, so far. I did go with genuine GM upper and lower control arms, which included the ball joints.

He can also tell you what the correct OEM part number is for the nut for the top of the OEM strut/shock shaft.
Do you have the part number for the 3 nuts that holds the strut mount to the body? None of the diagrams that I've seen on the various parts sites show them

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front suspension done! Rides pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good (in my Larry David voice)

I spent more than needed but it was important to me to go ahead and have a complete new coil over strut done. The shop forgot the inner/ outer tie rods, pitman and idler arms so it goes back in am for that and another alignment.
It almost sounded like an underhanded bass ackwards statement. But that’s the ole interwebs I guess. No worries man. All good.

Attachments

• F7CC0D83-0D63-48FF-81CE-F2A80AA293E1.jpeg
    F7CC0D83-0D63-48FF-81CE-F2A80AA293E1.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 9

enginehead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Give Rene the last 8 of your VIN and he can look it up easy peasy.

The ACDelco Professional variety (not GM OE) are either 45H0451 for AWD or 45H0452 for RWD. Your RPO sheet has 6XX and 7XX spring codes on it and we can use those to look up the exact GM OE springs as well. For example, if the codes are 6B4 and 7B4, the front coils are 20842469.

Much easier/accurate to have Rene look it up!
I am going through this looking for front springs for my Tahoe, last 8 of the vin AR288514, I know mine has the 6B4 and 7B4 for the front springs. would you know the ACDelco part number?

Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going through this looking for front springs for my Tahoe, last 8 of the vin AR288514, I know mine has the 6B4 and 7B4 for the front springs. would you know the ACDelco part number?

Thanks
With a quick search, I don't see an ACDelco number but GM OE is 20842469 for both front springs. The older number for these springs is 25909348. GMPartsGiant shows the latter in stock.

enginehead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With a quick search, I don't see an ACDelco number but GM OE is 20842469 for both front springs. The older number for these springs is 25909348. GMPartsGiant shows the latter in stock.
Yeah, so GMPartsGiant cancelled my order of the old part number. Apparently you can not get factory front springs for my Tahoe. Any recommendations for aftermarket parts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos