Need Help! Unidentified Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nelson L tompley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon guys,
I completed a rebuild of the Vortec 350 in my 1999 (2 door) Tahoe and I'm preparing to re-install the engine (but I got in a hurry when removing the engine and I didn't take time to label the all parts or the electrical connections) so my progress has slowed until I get some Help identifying some parts and some of the electrical connnections to the engine.

Of course, many of the parts/electrical connections are easy to figure out but some are not that obvious (to me).

1st question:
See 2 attachments
(Please describe the U shaped part with the 2 pressed in bolts and it's location)
(engine mounts - Please describe which triangle bracket & torque bar goes on the left/right side)
Maybe someone has a pic?

2nd question:
Does anyone have a link/PDF/etc detailing the electrical connections to the engine (showing locations)

Tahoe engine mounts.jpg Tahoe part unidentified.jpg

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics from when I pulled my engine. 1998 2 door 4wd. Not sure about that piece with the pressed in bolts. Maybe it gets bolted to the frame.... or a crossmember. Good luck
DSC00273.JPG DSC00276.JPG DSC00274.JPG

OP
OP
N

Nelson L tompley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will, the pics you posted helped me a lot. Now I feel confident I have the engine mount assembly installed correctly. THANKS
I also discovered what the unknown part is - it's a left over part from another project located at the rear of the Tahoe (replaced the rear hatch, the part is 1/2 of a rear hatch hinge) I knew it locked famliar but couldn't place it.

Tomorrow I plan to install the engine (keep ur fingers crossed)

Thanks for everyones help (Great Forum)

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the pics helped out. Now's a good time to check your engine mounts. Here's what mine looked like after 18 years and 262K miles. The one on the right is in pretty bad shape. I went with the energy suspension polyurethane inserts for the OEM clam shell assembly. DSC00286.JPG