Need Help misfire after replacing lifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Ok here’s an update:

I took everything apart and started over cleaned the heads checked the push rods and come to find out I didn’t torque the heads correctly I put everything back together with new bolts and torque them one of the intake gaskets was broken as well so everything is working fine for now thanks guys for all the info and help great forum to be apart of

Monkeywrench78382

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok woke to the engine knocking put the scanner on it misfire cylinder 4
Took the valve cover off found out it the lifter was bad replaced the lifter look at the cam still in good shape put everything back together with new head gasket it started shaking hard misfire cylinder 4 moved the spark plug wires coil and injector cleared the code now I have a random misfire any ideas?

2008 Chevy Tahoe/Yukon /Silverado LS engines. lifters are recommended to be replaced during head gasket service. Made this mistake my self a 450.00 dollar mistake when lifters are recompressed they stick w varnish and deposits when oil pressure is reapplied to lifters its not enough to unstick them and truck sounds like a tractor or outright knocking. Heads need to come back off and new lifters installed. You probably know this im gonna say it anyway soak new lifters 24hrs prior to install. I know you're not trying to hear this neither was I when I did a customers twice. No joy no joy at all.