Need help finding a leveling/lift kit for. “17 Tahoe with rear air suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I wasted $300 on a Readylift 69-3015 2.25” front 1.5 rear on my 2017 Tahoe LT 4x4.

I went to install it and the kit says it won’t work with rear air suspension, is there a kit out there I can get that will? Or do I have to convert to coil?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all of them say that. Does it come with shock extenders? You'll need to correct the rear height sensor. If it is the same as the older trucks then it is fairly simple. Im sure someone will chime in with more details.

OP
OP
B

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty much all of them say that. Does it come with shock extenders? You'll need to correct the rear height sensor. If it is the same as the older trucks then it is fairly simple. Im sure someone will chime in with more details.
I hope so I’m seriously stressed I’ve got $1500 worth of tires and a level kit that I can’t use and can’t get my money back.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wasted $300 on a Readylift 69-3015 2.25” front 1.5 rear on my 2017 Tahoe LT 4x4.

I went to install it and the kit says it won’t work with rear air suspension, is there a kit out there I can get that will? Or do I have to convert to coil?

Your rear suspension is coils...the shocks are air assist.

A shock extender may be needed if the kit does not come with it. Also, the rear sensor arms may need to be adjusted slightly to get the air setup functioning perfectly again.

OP
OP
B

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your rear suspension is coils...the shocks are air assist.

A shock extender may be needed if the kit does not come with it. Also, the rear sensor arms may need to be adjusted slightly to get the air setup functioning perfectly again.

Is there any other kits you can recommend? Looking to fit 305/55/20

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any other kits you can recommend? Looking to fit 305/55/20
I googled the lift. No shock extenders included from what I see. Pick up some shock extenders, and assuming the ride height sensors are the same as the older trucks some longer threaded rod from the hardware store and you are golden.

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The O.P. did not mention Magna or not, but I have 2.5 front level kit on my 15 Tahoe LT, 4x4 with OE rear air suspension (Z82 & Z85). With no rear changes, it sits level with no clearance issues with 275/70/20 (35.16 x 10.83). The front, below-bumper 'snowplow' was shortened prior to the wheel/tire change from 18's, so I cannot vouch for stock air dam clearance, but that silly thing should be shortened regardless.

Last edited:

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xineering GM Shock Sims - electronic circuit "delete" for changing to passive rear suspension. Allows you to bypass the rear air shocks. GREAT COMPANY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs