Need help finding 12v & Grnd for Radar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if the install is the same on the escalades? I have a 2010 escalade hard wired to the mirror using invisicords. But my 2017 escalade has a different mirror than pictured. Mine turns to a review screen with the flick of the lever.

zedhed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is a VIDEO of the PIN and RADAR install on Youtube.. Check it out. How to tap into the 12 volts on the rearview mirror.

Cheyco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if he still an active user, but Hosseface write up and instructions was spot on. In no way am I technical/mechanical when it comes to these vehicles but I gave this a shot and literally took me about 20 minutes (Most of the time worrying about breaking the Rearview mirror cover) to complete this.

kneeoil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright - when you take the cover off there is a 10 pin connector on the driver side of the enclosure. (There are multiple connectors. Its the only 10 pin furthest to the driver) Pin #2 is a Violet/Green wire that is 12 volt key on only power. Tap into that one for 12V power. Pin #5 is a Black wire that is ground. That is your other one. Mine turns off (thankfully) when the key/ignition (push button) is turned off.

Pics coming soon. The cover (carefully) just pops off. I recommend wire taps - dont try to cut and splice. Not enough slack.

View attachment 27592

View attachment 27593

View attachment 27594
This was SUPER helpful. I had Google-searched until I was blue in the face. Now my V1gen2 is all set up in our 2020 Tahoe. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne