Need help finding 12v & Grnd for Radar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jokerdev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to Powderbrake and Hossface for the instructions. Worked perfectly on my 16 Yukon Denali. Was easier to tap than my 14 Corvette since there is more room to work with.

You can make your own power cord with smaller pins, what you need is in the picture below (from radio shack). Just solder them on to the red and green middle wires of a telephone cord, and they go in much easier than the invisicord.

Attachments

• DSC01798.jpg
    DSC01798.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 107

TerryNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright - when you take the cover off there is a 10 pin connector on the driver side of the enclosure. (There are multiple connectors. Its the only 10 pin furthest to the driver) Pin #2 is a Violet/Green wire that is 12 volt key on only power. Tap into that one for 12V power. Pin #5 is a Black wire that is ground. That is your other one. Mine turns off (thankfully) when the key/ignition (push button) is turned off.

Pics coming soon. The cover (carefully) just pops off. I recommend wire taps - dont try to cut and splice. Not enough slack.

View attachment 27592

View attachment 27593

View attachment 27594

IF hossedace and I ever meet, I am buying him/her the biggest steak on the planet. These instructions were spot on and now my 2016 Yukon is radar equipped. Thanks

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the mirror mount and power tap in this afternoon. Looks great, nice fit, pictures in this post made it a piece of cake. Thanks to all.

LGSONE

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GREAT POST ! My wife got stopped going 72 in a 45...somehow batting her "Baby Blues" she talked her way out of a ticket !!! I've been running a R65 Pro BelTronics hard wired in my Mercedes S500 for years. Now I have to decide whether to get her the V! or the new ****** with arrows.

Now I know how to mount it in my Yukon.

Thanks again !!!

jackdforme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi have you had any problems with the V1 going off all the time , rear arrows going off?
That is because you may have an older unit that has not had the ESP upgrade. the newer models allow the radar units for cruise etc to not effect reporting in the KA band.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent my V1 in for the upgrade, they sent a totally new unit. Got rid of the odd false alarms. I'll never own any detector other than the V1, in my SL600 that thing has saved my ass... I'm not a speed freak anymore but cruising in a merc on the highway can surprise you... so smooth.. ah crap, i'm doing 110... Here in KS... big long highways...

LGSONE

JayW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
image.png
Another huge thank you to Hosseface and powderbrake for their detailed posts & photos. Made my V1 install a 10 minute task instead of an all afternoon adventure. I used the Mirror Wire Power Cord from Radar Mount (https://radarmount.com/products/3005201v), only $13.60 shipped to my door after 15% off discount code. Works great, looks great, and is the perfect length.

Last edited:

11TGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LGSONE, when you sent your Valentine in for an upgrade and they sent you a NEW unit, did you have to pay extra for the NEW unit? The reason I ask is I also sent my unit in for an upgrade, installed in my new 16 GMC Yukon Xl, radar would go off all the time. So I sent the unit in with the $45 money order, got a call from Valentine saying if I wanted to upgrade so it wouldn't go off in my new vehicle, I would have to pay $315.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ this is what I did, and I'm very happy I did. The brand new V1 is fantastic.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, just completed on a 17 Denali, I used wire taps not pins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63