Need help ASAP with BELLTECH 25004..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Belltech 25004 adjustable front struts on their PPV?

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know how many rings were used under the spring perch for ride height. Belltech instructions are only for base model ride heights not PPVs

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know how many rings were used under the spring perch for ride height. Belltech instructions are only for base model ride heights not PPVs

The stock drop is accomplished with shorter coils. Specs for the 25004 say 0"-3" drop in 1/2" increments. So, according to this, if you don't want any drop from the struts, you'd use all the rings, essentially making it like a stock replacement strut. You can measure the distance from the stock strut's lower mount (the cross bar) to the perch that the coil sits on. Use whatever number of rings puts the perch on the BT strut at the same height from the cross bar.

Page 4, far right of chart says to use 6 rings:

Last edited:
OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock drop is accomplished with shorter coils. Specs for the 25004 say 0"-3" drop in 1/2" increments. So, according to this, if you don't want any drop from the struts, you'd use all the rings, essentially making it like a stock replacement strut. You can measure the distance from the stock strut's lower mount (the cross bar) to the perch that the coil sits on. Use whatever number of rings puts the perch on the BT strut at the same height from the cross bar.

Page 4, far right of chart says to use 6 rings:
I get all that, the problem is the spacer table on BT's instructions are for the base model that sits a bit higher than the PPVs. So I can't really follow that table as far as the drop I want. I'm looking to drop 1 inch up front. So as far as that table goes I think I'm going to use 3 rings instead of 2 if I'm thinking this out correctly...

I would compare the perch on both side by side myself but I'm not doing the work and I won't be there when the mechanic is doing the work. I'm giving him the struts with the rings already set.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get all that, the problem is the spacer table on BT's instructions are for the base model that sits a bit higher than the PPVs. So I can't really follow that table as far as the drop I want.

Sure you can. The spring is what determines the ride height and it is how GM lowered the PPV from the civilian model. Remove the strut from the equation by making the new strut the exact same (or as close as possible) as the original strut. If using six rings means no (zero) drop, then it's zero drop from whatever stock is. So, according to BT, six rings should put the spring perch at the same height as it is on the stock strut. Just measure the stock one and play with the ring count on the BT strut, starting with all six, to see if it puts the perch at the same as the stock one.

I'm looking to drop 1 inch up front. So as far as that table goes I think I'm going to use 3 rings instead of 2 if I'm thinking this out correctly...

In this case, you'd do whatever the table says to achieve 1" drop, which is to use four rings. Since you're using the original springs, you'll start out at your original PPV height plus you'll have the 1" drop from the struts. You'll be 1" lower from wherever it sits right now. I just realized I pasted the wrong link. Here's the one I meant: https://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/25004-888.pdf

I'll edit my previous post.

I would compare the perch on both side by side myself but I'm not doing the work and I won't be there when the mechanic is doing the work. I'm giving him the struts with the rings already set.

No problem. Turn the wheel all the way so you can reach in front or behind the tire with a tape measure. Butt it to the control arm where the cross bar is bolted down and measure up to the spring perch. Slip six rings onto the BT strut, slip the perch on and measure it the same way as you did the original one. You can hook your tape to the bottom of the cross bar and measure up to the perch. It should be right around the same length. Remove two of the rings and remeasure. It should be around half an inch shorter. That half inch shorter distance will equate to an inch on the ball joint end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros