Need advice on front shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I installed the passive struts today. It was quick and easy. Rides so much better. No more bouncing down the road. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at the Arnott strut assemblies for my 2013. Have had great luck with their AS-2708’s on the rears.

WJ- I put the 2708's on the rear of my Denali- I had blown bags -and they seem great. I want to replace my front struts- Let me know what you go with. I have the Z55 suspension and would like to keep the auto ride. Monroe e-shocks are 300 a piece- OMG. Othewise I would go for Bilsteins...

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Looks like the magnetic ones are around $500 more for a pair then the non active ones. I might try the cheaper ones first, and if I don't like them then go to the other ones. Unless anyone as more insight on this...

DONT DO IT! simply replace the "struts only" and retain your factory ride height/spring rate by keeping your oem spring assy's. Im stareing at a pair of 580-434 oem autoride struts in my garage that i will install soon, imo you are much better off replacing the struts only. In regard to your suspension and handling you have the opportunity to restore the original "as new"feel to your vehicle or end up with a different feel/handling that you will have to "get used to" accept. Do it once, Do it right when it comes to suspension. So your Z95 and not Z55?

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Sorry it was done before you posted the advice. I didn’t have the tools to separate the springs from the shocks, so I would have had to just purchase the more expensive ones. Which I did consider. As far getting used to the ride, it was so bad and bouncy before changing them, no mater what I put on it would be better and I would have to get used to the new feel.

Thanks for the advice though, if these don’t end up holding up, or I decide I don’t like them, I will update the thread and post what I do to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos