Need advice on front shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scot moore

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon Denali. It is at 167k it is starting to get bouncy in the front. I replaced the rear auto ride shocks a year or so ago and they are still not leaking. Now I need to do the front. What is the recommended replacement parts for the front? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon Denali. It is at 167k it is starting to get bouncy in the front. I replaced the rear auto ride shocks a year or so ago and they are still not leaking. Now I need to do the front. What is the recommended replacement parts for the front? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m looking at the Arnott strut assemblies for my 2013. Have had great luck with their AS-2708’s on the rears.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
doing some more reading doesn't my Yukon use the magnetic struts? Here is another Arnott part number I found. MR-3568. the others are a lot cheaper, but seem to use a bypass. Would the more expensive MR-3568 be better to put on? Is it a down grade in ride by using the passive cheaper struts vs the more expensive active struts? thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
doing some more reading doesn't my Yukon use the magnetic struts? Here is another Arnott part number I found. MR-3568. the others are a lot cheaper, but seem to use a bypass. Would the more expensive MR-3568 be better to put on? Is it a down grade in ride by using the passive cheaper struts vs the more expensive active struts? thanks
Interesting. They must have released that model recently as I don't recall seeing it when I last looked at their offerings. Well, guess I need to decide which way I want to go now.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Looks like the magnetic ones are around $500 more for a pair then the non active ones. I might try the cheaper ones first, and if I don't like them then go to the other ones. Unless anyone as more insight on this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts