Need advice on affording a tahoe !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Who gives a shit about housing. It was about banks giving loans to under-qualified borrowers.

You're making $17k a year after taxes (assuming no state income tax) and you want to spend $15k on a car. What part am I missing?

17k a year after taxes I want to spend 15k over the course of 7 years....

Where do you work

I'm a website and internet sales technician for a company, install home theater systems, and work part time for commission as a car audio installer at a shop.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
you asked for advice on affording a tahoe at the end of the day the advice given is not what you wanted to hear so you are coming up with things to make it right in your mind.

Your mind was made up before you started this thread imfo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Wow. it must be really frustrating that we "just dont get it."

oh...I see what ya did there

you asked for advice on affording a tahoe at the end of the day the advice given is not what you wanted to hear so you are coming up with things to make it right in your mind.

yea ur right my mind was somewhat made up but I think what people don't get is that I didn't say that I'm forsure dead set on getting one asap, it could very well be two years before I do this thread was simply to hear what I should look into doing as far as getting a good price and the best route to go as far as choosing one.. Trust me I get what the people who are saying I shouldn't get one are saying I'm simply questioning them as to why because I'm curious..Obviously if you wanted to do something and people just told you you couldn't you would want to know why and at least find out if theres something you can do about it..

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sell the charger when it's paid off in November and get a Tahoe and be done with it :)

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. it must be really frustrating that we "just dont get it."

lol^

17k a year after taxes I want to spend 15k over the course of 7 years....

I'm a website and internet sales technician for a company, install home theater systems, and work part time for commission as a car audio installer at a shop.

My job will pay many times your income in a year and still wouldn't fathom having two cars at my age. Why? Because I'm in school and have a good paying job offer on the table waiting for me to get an expensive piece of paper.

Apparently. There was no questioning, sounds more like someone wanted to brag to us about possibly having two cars at 18... and I'm not sure why.

His mind was totally made up, I'm not sure why he even bothered. He's just PO'd we're calling him out.

yea ur right my mind was somewhat made up but I think what people don't get is that I didn't say that I'm forsure dead set on getting one asap, it could very well be two years before I do this thread was simply to hear what I should look into doing as far as getting a good price and the best route to go as far as choosing one..

Dodging

Trust me I get what the people who are saying I shouldn't get one are saying I'm simply questioning them as to why because I'm curious..Obviously if you wanted to do something and people just told you you couldn't you would want to know why and at least find out if theres something you can do about it..

You're not questioning, you're just attempting to give us a reasoning for you being wrong. I'm not giving you any loose ends, I'm saying on your income you can't afford it.

Here's what you can do if you want one: Don't go to college, go get a job, work for a year and get some money, buy the Tahoe with a huge down payment, then go back to college. Sounds responsible, right?

Why would you want to pay for a car over 6 years? There are going to be two new body styles out before you finish your payments

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^X2. My parents did the same and it helped me build credit at a young age. But I'd definitely stick with one car. Two cars at 17 is kind of absurd unless you are a super baller :imo:

x2 I have to agree with Felix on that one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu