Need advice on affording a tahoe !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Well I'm hoping to try to get an <07 tahoe by next march I already have a charger but it was my dads and I started paying him the payments when he gave it to me so he took care of all the financing and all that..Only problem is I am still trying to figure out how to go about getting one, I have a lot of questions haha...I guess I'll list em since that seems it'll be easiest ..

1. From my understanding I should, get my dad or mom (both have perfect credit) to cosign and then I should get an auto loan?

2. I can only afford about 250 dollars a month MAX so my max loan would be about 15,000 dollars with a good apr..Most 07+ tahoes I see that are 15 or 14 have at least 70k miles..Considering that I would have to do a 72 month loan would it be dumb to get one with that high of miles?

3. The prices I see that are the best are on police tahoes for example from this dealer is there anything wrong with getting a police vehicle? I've heard people say they're poorly taken care of and some people say thats a myth and that they're very well taken care of.

Any advice you guys have is GREATLY appreciated! I'm kinda new to all the details of buying a car obviously so any little tips hints stuff like that, that can help get me one for cheaper helps!

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you trade the charger in against the new Tahoe, that way you could afford a Tahoe that's in the 20's with the charger covering the difference.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Why don't you trade the charger in against the new Tahoe, that way you could afford a Tahoe that's in the 20's with the charger covering the difference.

I've considered it but the charger is like my baby : ( I've literally worked almost everyday on that car and almost everything is custom....It is still in the back of my mind though the only thing though is its an 07' sxt with noisy lifters and 56k miles I would only expect to get about 7k on a trade in

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 charger before switching to my Yukon too. I got the Yukon first before selling the charger then realized I couldn't afford two car payments haha.
Why dont you sell the Charger?

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I had an 07 charger before switching to my Yukon too. I got the Yukon first before selling the charger then realized I couldn't afford two car payments haha.
Why dont you sell the Charger?

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

haha that would be a huge decision for me...plus the charger is still being paid for how would that work?

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
72 months on anything but brand new is a bad idea. A really bad one. Even on a brand new car, 5 years is pretty much the limit. I'm probably in the minority on that, but whatever.

I would avoid a police issue as well.

Have you considered saving? Maybe getting a job or two, saving up, selling your existing car and using that?

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
To get rid of the charger you have to find someone willing to give you atleast payoff for the car (if you cant get that you have to come up with the rest) or more and is also willing to wait to get the title. That is unless a bank close to you is the one that holds the title then it wont be an issue.

07 will be tough to get a good interest rate on. Many factors are determined on if you will get financed on one. Some banks have a mileage cap IE less then 100k, others wont touch anything 5 yrs or older.

To get that price range you might need to put down some money. Sometimes getting into a new car is easier then getting a used one but with your price range i dont see you getting a new tahoe.

good luck

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07 should still tells a good interest rate out at least at my back it does.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not here, 3 year maximum, 5%-6%, at most banks, worse at others.

You need to come to Iowa I can get like 2.99% or 3.99% (can't remember for sure) for 4 years on an 05.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98