Need a transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tired of dealing with transfer case issues, is there somewhere I can get a good rebuilt unit or maybe a shop here in the Dallas Ft Worth area that is good with np246 tc’s? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how was your experience with them? How did you do the core exchange?

they were great, when they shipped the transfer case it came in a plastic bin carrier with straps, you just put the core (drain any old fluid out first) back in the same case and then call them and do a call tag for it to be picked up. there warranty includes parts and labor nation wide.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they were great, when they shipped the transfer case it came in a plastic bin carrier with straps, you just put the core (drain any old fluid out first) back in the same case and then call them and do a call tag for it to be picked up. there warranty includes parts and labor nation wide.
Cool thanks for the info!

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m guessing this is not good, I was about to pull the shift encoder motor and try a different one just to try and save $850 for a new transfer case, and I was moving the front driveshaft and noticed about 3/16in of vertical or horizontal movement from the output shaft, I have a video but couldn’t upload it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m guessing this is not good, I was about to pull the shift encoder motor and try a different one just to try and save $850 for a new transfer case, and I was moving the front driveshaft and noticed about 3/16in of vertical or horizontal movement from the output shaft, I have a video but couldn’t upload it.

video's you can upload to youtube and then link it here

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my transfer case rebuilt, needed clutches and chain, but also had them drop in new steel cage bearings a new pump, seals, and a new heavy duty aluminum backhalf, and new speed sensors, all total $500 ($200 of that was for the new backhalf) their completely remanufactured units are about $950. Considering everything I had them do it’s a new transfer case so guess I curved their system a bit

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a '94-99 OBS truck, sir?
I don't anymore, I totaled mine on a over pass in the rain, played pin ball against the guard rail's at about 65 mph, then I bought a 2000 nbs Yukon xl and drove that for almost 300k (sold), and got the 03 Silverado some where in between that and now I have the nnbs also, I also bought my ex wife a 04 nbs suburban, and before all that I had a 96 4 runner that I rolled/totaled in the rain also, I play rough, lol I had a couple 79/80 trans am's during and before that, used to have 3 or 4 vehicles floating around all the time for whatever reason something to work on play with or whatever. I have the itch...to get something else just haven't scratched yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14