Need a little advice...

For $4.7k...

• That’s a good buy even with the issues it has

• That’s a terrible purchase you idiot, good luck

• Blah blah blah, I don’t care about this poll since you’re a metric-unit using ******

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RizwanWali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m not very knowledgeable on car stuff so please bear with me.

So I just bought my first ever GM product, an 08 Yukon xl Denali 2WD with 123,000 km on it a couple days ago - I come from blessed Toyota lands... I plan on using the truck only once or twice a week.
Yesterday I took it for a trip (total 230 km) and ended up with an average economy of 4.2 km/liter. I need to know if that is average or not? Seems excessive to me. How does a tune work exactly and should I go for it?
The drive the entire way in the highway was perfectly comfortable and smooth.
Some Issues: engine mounts are no good and leaks from pan and rear main seal. Also when the car idles, I can feel misfire. I poured a bottle of STP fuel system cleaner before my trip but it didn’t do squat to help it. Should I check the plugs or what?

PS: bought the car for roughly $4700 if you were wondering and I’m in the Middle East.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, USA.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Regarding tunes, I suggest that you have a phone conversation with Black Bear Performance, a trusted tuner vendor by folks here on the Forum. Ask them to explain what a tune of the ECM and TCM can do, and how it works. Then, tell them what you want to accomplish with the tune, and they will tell you if it is possible. Your truck can be tuned remotely by them, and they will explain the process to you.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m not very knowledgeable on car stuff so please bear with me.

So I just bought my first ever GM product, an 08 Yukon xl Denali 2WD with 123,000 km on it a couple days ago - I come from blessed Toyota lands... I plan on using the truck only once or twice a week.
Yesterday I took it for a trip (total 230 km) and ended up with an average economy of 4.2 km/liter. I need to know if that is average or not? Seems excessive to me. How does a tune work exactly and should I go for it?
The drive the entire way in the highway was perfectly comfortable and smooth.
Some Issues: engine mounts are no good and leaks from pan and rear main seal. Also when the car idles, I can feel misfire. I poured a bottle of STP fuel system cleaner before my trip but it didn’t do squat to help it. Should I check the plugs or what?

PS: bought the car for roughly $4700 if you were wondering and I’m in the Middle East.
123000 km (77000 miles) is a pretty low mile vehicle for us here in the US.

4.2 KPL is about 9.8 mpg which isn’t horrible, but seems to be on the low side of things. Might be a little on the low side. A lot of things can affect your fuel economy such as tire pressure, how hard you drive, stop and go city traffic versus open road cruising, to the quality of fuel you run.
If you want to try and improve on that get some fresh fluids in the motor, transmission and rear differential. Also new plugs and wires might help as well.

Personally, I think you got a good deal and now you can have fun driving it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts