Nearly 4 years later, my 2001 Team DC Audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Thatsquishykid717

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Sounds like fun :eek:
What would’ve cause that to happen you think ?
honestly i have no clue the u joint doesnt even look that bad. i think they only have 30000 miles on them at most. i replaced all the u joints a couple years ago. looks like it threw a cap on one but the u joint straps were tight when i took them off so i have no idea. still kinda baffled and surpised.

OP
OP
Thatsquishykid717

Thatsquishykid717

Reaction score
OP
OP
Thatsquishykid717

Thatsquishykid717

Reaction score
Not a big update but found a set of clear lenses locally for 40 bucks. The inside corner on the driver side where it meets the grill was cracked but when installed it’s not even visible I still will probably swap it out with another lens. And they are lightly fogging on the side where the 194 marker light is. So I gotta get on that hoping it’s just the seal around the socket if I have to bake it though oh well it’s not hard. Also was given a set of stock lights, stock marker lights, and all clear headlights in that purchase. The passenger side on the new one is deeper so I’m most likely gonna redo my retrofits using them. My current passenger side bugs my ocd how it’s closer to the lens compared to the driver lol. Gonna swap my depo lenses over though because they don’t have all the lines like the new ones. 92B2B397-0107-4130-96A4-9A4E2B4646A3.jpegADA503FB-6E3B-43BA-B8BA-9C9873CD76D0.jpeg3C5B5EA2-0BD0-47F4-BEB1-FF731F44F4A9.jpeg
Excuse the dirty rig. Winter in Oregon and daily driving will do that haha.

Also my buddy trusted me enough to replace all the bulbs in his 2006 lbz cluster. Never did them before but was surprisingly easy imo and made me excited to tackle all my climate control, window switches, 4x4 switches etc. need to order my leds for that now. He just replaced them with regular bulbs but they turned out good! F0C410BD-F29F-43B1-B449-AF3FF656887C.jpegC3240BFB-55CA-4D28-AFEC-50CCC4C8F8E6.jpeg

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Not a big update but found a set of clear lenses locally for 40 bucks. The inside corner on the driver side where it meets the grill was cracked but when installed it’s not even visible I still will probably swap it out with another lens. And they are lightly fogging on the side where the 194 marker light is. So I gotta get on that hoping it’s just the seal around the socket if I have to bake it though oh well it’s not hard. Also was given a set of stock lights, stock marker lights, and all clear headlights in that purchase. The passenger side on the new one is deeper so I’m most likely gonna redo my retrofits using them. My current passenger side bugs my ocd how it’s closer to the lens compared to the driver lol. Gonna swap my depo lenses over though because they don’t have all the lines like the new ones. View attachment 239450View attachment 239451View attachment 239452
Excuse the dirty rig. Winter in Oregon and daily driving will do that haha.

Also my buddy trusted me enough to replace all the bulbs in his 2006 lbz cluster. Never did them before but was surprisingly easy imo and made me excited to tackle all my climate control, window switches, 4x4 switches etc. need to order my leds for that now. He just replaced them with regular bulbs but they turned out good! View attachment 239453View attachment 239454
How hard is it to do? I need to replace the LEDs in mine and also the stepper motors in the cluster in my Yukon

OP
OP
Thatsquishykid717

Thatsquishykid717

Reaction score
How hard is it to do? I need to replace the LEDs in mine and also the stepper motors in the cluster in my Yukon

If you know how to solder and work with small parts it’s really not that hard at all in my opinion. Just watch lots of videos and do research on it. Make sure you feel 100% confident doing it or find a cheap spare cluster to try it all on first before you do it to your own.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
If you know how to solder and work with small parts it’s really not that hard at all in my opinion. Just watch lots of videos and do research on it. Make sure you feel 100% confident doing it or find a cheap spare cluster to try it all on first before you do it to your own.
Luckily my grandfather owns a junkyard! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs