Navigation question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Asked the dealer about a map update yesterday. They pointed me to GMVavdisc.com. For $175.00 plus shipping an update should be arriving today via Fedex. Also added I'm sure it hasn't been updated since 2017. Also, signed up for SiriusXM Nav Traffic. We'll see how it goes.

Gator05301

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can also use your phone in car play on cars with that option. I know preaching to the choir.
New 2015 Tahoe owner here sorry for the basic questions but I have a bit of a learning curve going here. What is CarPlay? I assumed navigation was standard but apparently I need this a OI6 module to make the NAV system work which I see is available from the dealership for about one grand or eBay for around 500, neither of which I’m thrilled about. Does that sound about right?

Ryan212

Reaction score
apple carplay is a way to use your phone for navigation and other functions, but it stared in 2016 if my memory is correct, so that is likely why you are not familiar with it having a 2015 model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st