N00B suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 4x4

I've heard (and seen reference to) adjusting some Torsion bars (keys) to level out the suspension (raise the front end) to clear larger tires without buying any suspension parts...

am I understanding this correctly?

how is this done?

bluekon

Reaction score
correct..jack up front of truck tighten the bolts of the torsion bars equally lower the truck measure height and readjust as needed

OP
OP
KrautBurner

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct..jack up front of truck tighten the bolts of the torsion bars equally lower the truck measure height and readjust as needed

cool cool,

hopefully I can get to it this week.

maybe be able to do my next oil change without ramps ;)

OP
OP
KrautBurner

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just under the truck (while getting the exhaust done)
and it looks like they are almost all the way tightened. but it's nowhere near level ???

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the stock keys not "level" a stock truc?

The stock torsion keys from the factory are limited to the height which they can raise and lower the truck. It has to do with the indexing of the torsion key.

The aftermarket keys or Ford keys have a big difference in the indexing which allows them to be turned less but raise the truck higher giving you ample clearence and less stress on the suspension components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right