Mystery drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 32 in the front an 33 in the rear. Yes it rubs but I love the way it looks lower like this. I will take a better pic today. It's in garage now an not good side shot

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I went with a Belltech kit w/ SP Shocks all around. I also ordered a DJM Rear Hardware Kit, and Spohn panhard bar.

The Belltech kit has 2" drop spindles up front, and an option for 3" or 4" drop in the rear with springs.

I'm going 4" in the rear. I believe it has an approximate 2" drop now, and I'd like 2" more. But that leaves the front...

Are these the stock keys?20200508_144207.jpg
If so, can stock keys be adjusted for an additional 1"? Do these look adjusted?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went with a Belltech kit w/ SP Shocks all around. I also ordered a DJM Rear Hardware Kit, and Spohn panhard bar.

The Belltech kit has 2" drop spindles up front, and an option for 3" or 4" drop in the rear with springs.

I'm going 4" in the rear. I believe it has an approximate 2" drop now, and I'd like 2" more. But that leaves the front...

Are these the stock keys?View attachment 247520
If so, can stock keys be adjusted for an additional 1"? Do these look adjusted?
Those dont look stock. And those keys are cranked all the way up. If you back that bolt out an let the key almost rest on the keeper that the bolt goes in it will lower the front quite a bit. Like I said its all the way raised up right now making the front of your ride high. an if they were stock they would be a rust color.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those dont look stock. And those keys are cranked all the way up. If you back that bolt out an let the key almost rest on the keeper that the bolt goes in it will lower the front quite a bit. Like I said its all the way raised up right now making the front of your ride high. an if they were stock they would be a rust color.
Nevermind it looks like someone painted the whole cross member an keys so they may be stock. but they are still all the way up. Bolt tightened up lifts and backed out lowers

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nevermind it looks like someone painted the whole cross member an keys so they may be stock. but they are still all the way up. Bolt tightened up lifts and backed out lowers

So what you're saying is...I can still use these keys for an additional drop. The previous owner stated he originally had the Tahoe lower, but had to raise it back up to align it properly.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is...I can still use these keys for an additional drop. The previous owner stated he originally had the Tahoe lower, but had to raise it back up to align it properly.
Yes u can lower it more with those. As I said they are all the way up. go back them bolts almost all the way out to where key almost rest on keeper an u will see what I mean. Do it an drive forward an back a couple times an look. But I would reccomend a alignment after. I had mine all the way backed out with spindles an it aligned perfectly. haven't got it aligned with the purple keys yet. Hoping it still aligns good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan