Mysterious (to me) fluid leak driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fluid is corrosive as well for comedic value.
That is just the kind of humor I like...
+1 for leaking engine mount and +1 for replacing it with the passenger side mount of a V8 Hummer H3. I'd recommend getting two of those mounts and replacing both.

Don't worry- it's nothing that has to be done immediately. Just know that if you feel and maybe even hear a clunk that sounds like it's coming from behind you when accelerating from a stop, it's likely that mount getting sloppy. If you drive easily and don't tow, you might can let it ride for a year or two before it gets bad enough to have slack.
Good call on the "behind you", because when I race ppl at stoplights that don't know we're racing, you can definitely hear it. I was going to use it as an excuse to upgrade the swaybars and bushings...because my wife thinks it's the rear swaybar. "Weird, it still makes that noise after these new swaybars. Oh man and my exhaust is rusty, so maybe I need headers and new exhaust...and a supercharger. We might as well replace that bad mount whe we do it..."

Really tho, would those h3v8 mounts be beefy enough for a blower?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just the kind of humor I like...

Good call on the "behind you", because when I race ppl at stoplights that don't know we're racing, you can definitely hear it. I was going to use it as an excuse to upgrade the swaybars and bushings...because my wife thinks it's the rear swaybar. "Weird, it still makes that noise after these new swaybars. Oh man and my exhaust is rusty, so maybe I need headers and new exhaust...and a supercharger. We might as well replace that bad mount whe we do it..."

Really tho, would those h3v8 mounts be beefy enough for a blower?

I had to mention that because it'll throw you off if you don't know. My neighbor would not believe me when I told him his mount was bad. He swore it was the rear shifting under hard acceleration. I shoved his face over the driver side fender, slammed the hood and powerbraked so he'd get kisses from the bank 1 exhaust manifold. After the crispy skin flaked off his lips, he thanked me.

It can still be used as an excuse to upgrade the sway bars. You can replace the mounts just because they are ruptured and will need replacing, anyway, cause of the noise or not. Just do it while you're under there installing them sweet new Hellwigs so she has no reason to whine about your irresponsible spending. If she whines, then you'll have a valid reason to get the blower- so her and the blower can whine together.

Yes, the mounts will be fine (and necessary) with the additional power from a blower.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah:

Real apprehensive on ebay purchases, despite their oem claims. But hell, if it's good enough for geo, it's probably too good for me lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real apprehensive on ebay purchases, despite their oem claims. But hell, if it's good enough for geo, it's probably too good for me lol
I normally would agree on the apprehension, but I bought mine on eBay for a similar price and it's legit. Came in a holograph-sealed GM package and everything.

As for being too good for you, you're about to have a supercharger on your rig, for which I will be drooling.

1652814589215.png

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In March I bought and installed two Genuine GM # 25847739 engine mounts (amazon $93ea) and a Gm # 15640278 trans mount (amazon $41)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic