Mysterious (to me) fluid leak driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just soak the hell out them for a few days and you should be fine. Like I mentioned, a couple of mine were broken off and they came out with very little persuasion after soaking them.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow this advice. Best damn option you could use. I completely spaced out mentioning the ARP bolts. I have used them on any rusted or important bolts that were removed (manifold, harmonic balancer, motor mounts, timing cover…). They are worth the extra cost, pick up a can of their hardware lube as well.

*please note that ARP is not a sponsor of this post* yet….
+1. I installed all new ARP hardware (head bolts, harmonic balancer bolt, exhaust manifold bolts, cam bolts) when I did my cam swap. They paid for themselves because they're reusable and I had to do the stinkin' job 3 times.

On the exhaust manifold bolts, I agree with the others here. Soak them with Deep Creep over the course of a week (it's more expensive for a reason), tap them with a ball peen hammer, then rock them back and forth with a socket a few times. More deep creep, then pray. Do this work with the front wheels off and the fender liners out. MUCH easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094