My Z71 seems lower than it should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job and looks good. How does it handle and the steering and suspension feel is good?
@PNW VietVet Much better, replacing the rear lowering kit was a huge improvement in itself and now I can take dips and speed bumps without worrying about bottoming out. I am really happy with how it turned out.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@PNW VietVet Much better, replacing the rear lowering kit was a huge improvement in itself and now I can take dips and speed bumps without worrying about bottoming out. I am really happy with how it turned out.

The main thing is that you like it. That's all that counts afterall, except if you are married and or have a significant other and then they have last say.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 looks great, saved cash, got tools, gained confidence. Sounds like a home run to me. Did you get it aligned yet?
@Big Mama I haven't aligned it yet, I am debating on whether I should get wheel spacers first. Now that I have raised the Tahoe it looks kinda top heavy I want to push the wheels out to widen the stance. I am having a problem finding 2 inch hubcentric wheel spacers that aren't $200.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would go with a bigger/taller tire before I would use spacers. I am not a fan of spacers at all. Others here use them and like them but I will not be in that club.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a bigger/taller tire before I would use spacers. I am not a fan of spacers at all. Others here use them and like them but I will not be in that club.
@PNW VietVet I understand and I usually feel the same way but I really like the way these wheels look on my truck and I'm out of truck spending money, plus I can't think of any wheels that I could get and keep the same theme with the white and chrome. Down the road I was going to get larger AT tires to go on them to give more cushion and capability when driving off pavement.

That being said I was planning on driving without an alignment for a couple weeks until I can decide on wheel spacers or not, is 2 weeks enough time to destroy my tires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS