My urban child hauler/office

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Katarn

Katarn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After
I seem to remember having to do a similar mod when going from the plastic bulb to glass on our PPV. It's been a few years, though, so don't remember exactly what that mod was.

I'd assume any new bulbs this is probably the case especially LED as the technology has come a ways. But it definitely isn't hard or unsafe to do, hell some of the upfitter work I've seen scares me more than this! Plus the results are completely worth it.

Old
20201219_180232.jpg

New
View attachment 268960

Last edited:

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So between weather and life no upgrades got done this weekend. But today I had to do something so I decided to tackle the LED spotlight upgrade.
Big thanks to Sackman7878 for pointing out an affordable alternative as I was underwhelmed with my first bulb upgrade.
So this is probably covered other places but I'll give a brief overview so everyone knows what they're getting into.
This is what the LED plug looks like, it wouldn't work how it comes so you need to take it apart like so:
View attachment 268877

This is what the existing wiring looks like

No rocket science but the male blades of the LED plug won't fit into the females on the it. (And no option in the DIC to help either)

So here is my TEMPORARY solution. View attachment 268909

I modified the plugs to fit then electrical taped them to be secure until I can go buy the right ends.

How I did mine, I used shrink wrap and liquid electrical tape on the ends but worked for me might have to rotate the bulb to find the sweet spot I might have just got lucky each time.

Edit: when it is not snowing here might take it apart and do a write up on now I did it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972