My Tahoe 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemenshess97

Reaction score
My other car is a 2004 Mercedes C-Class and it is a pain in the a**. You can do most of the rapairs yourself, but you always have to remove a thousand other compoments before you get to the component you're trying to repair, and it's always tight, not much place for tools.
I put some grease on the intermediate steering shaft on my Tahoe the other day, did that in maybe 5 minutes...then I looked at my Mercedes and couldn't even find the intermediate shaft, because it was buried under tons of tech.

I agree that they are not ideal in our city centers but as you said, most people move out of your way when they see you coming. Parking is ok where I live, but I would run into problems if it was a Suburban.

My girlfriend and I fell in love with US trucks when we travelled to the US the first time in 2018, then again in 2019. We had a rental Suburban from Hertz and travelled thousands and thousands of miles across the states (On our roadtrips we travelled through 27 states I think) and never regret to have choosen the Suburban over a mid size SUV, it was the perfect roadtrip car with all the space and comfort.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My other car is a 2004 Mercedes C-Class and it is a pain in the a**. You can do most of the rapairs yourself, but you always have to remove a thousand other compoments before you get to the component you're trying to repair, and it's always tight, not much place for tools.
I put some grease on the intermediate steering shaft on my Tahoe the other day, did that in maybe 5 minutes...then I looked at my Mercedes and couldn't even find the intermediate shaft, because it was buried under tons of tech.

I agree that they are not ideal in our city centers but as you said, most people move out of your way when they see you coming. Parking is ok where I live, but I would run into problems if it was a Suburban.

My girlfriend and I fell in love with US trucks when we travelled to the US the first time in 2018, then again in 2019. We had a rental Suburban from Hertz and travelled thousands and thousands of miles across the states (On our roadtrips we travelled through 27 states I think) and never regret to have choosen the Suburban over a mid size SUV, it was the perfect roadtrip car with all the space and comfort.
Sounds like you and your girlfriend had a good time in the US. I'd love to take a road trip like that--some day hopefully.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

My Tahoe went to Technical control last week. He left for 2 years :D.

As a reminder, we have a mandatory technical inspection every 2 years for cars in France. The check takes about 45 minutes. If your car fails, you have either 2 months to carry out the repairs if they are important or 24 hours if they are very dangerous.

So I have two minor flaws: broken rear fog light glass and minor play in the steering linkage bar. The car could have failed the control because I put a bullet shaped radio antenna and it's forbidden, but the controller just pointed it out to me :happy107:

Do you have this kind of control of your vehicles in the USA ?

Since last night, I noticed a water infiltration on the driver's side. I have to see where it came from

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

My Tahoe went to Technical control last week. He left for 2 years :D.

As a reminder, we have a mandatory technical inspection every 2 years for cars in France. The check takes about 45 minutes. If your car fails, you have either 2 months to carry out the repairs if they are important or 24 hours if they are very dangerous.

So I have two minor flaws: broken rear fog light glass and minor play in the steering linkage bar. The car could have failed the control because I put a bullet shaped radio antenna and it's forbidden, but the controller just pointed it out to me :happy107:

Do you have this kind of control of your vehicles in the USA ?

Since last night, I noticed a water infiltration on the driver's side. I have to see where it came from
Yes it varies by state though. Some states do nothing, some do safety items only and some do smog and safety.... yearly or every 2 years... NY and California are the most strict with other states right behind.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
some news of my Tahoe: I installed orange lights at the front and changed the fog lamps for LEDS.

I changed the mirrors for something more imposing :anitoof: it does not particularly please my wife who already found it big but there it is even worse on our small roads :favorites37:

Then I installed two 2" squares in order to put shackles on it. I took the opportunity to disassemble the hitch to repaint it with rust protection.

In the meantime, I realized that my trailer had been stolen at night. They cut out the grilling and twisted a pole...Some will deserve a bullet in the head. And in addition, I made a declaration of theft to the police but my insurance does not take into account ... because I said that the trailer was not attached to a vehicle. Otherwise I could have been compensated

InkedIMG_20210409_202653_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_20210703_153329_LI.jpg
IMG_20210606_082156.jpg
InkedIMG_20210618_192156_LI.jpg
:emotions122::gr_guns::gr_guns::gr_guns:
IMG_20210524_160617 (1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu