My suspension got me pulled over (mevotech question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to por15 everything but im on a deadline so i will just have to paint what i can reach later

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Por15 was great. Did it in the middle of the night with a spotlight, only 1 coat and it still looks great. Its really easy to paint on

20180914_103920.jpg 20180914_103852.jpg 20180914_103912.jpg

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All back together. It actually drives better now with no alignment than it did before. Going in next week to get the alignment done

20180914_230411.jpg 20180914_230417.jpg 20180914_230437.jpg

Joey198705

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Idk how long you've had you mevotech parts on for but are the tie rod ends holding up? Just curious Are they any good? I'm replacing my tie rod ends and Pitman arm and idler arm and they'll save me about 80 bucks.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk how long you've had you mevotech parts on for but are the tie rod ends holding up? Just curious Are they any good? I'm replacing my tie rod ends and Pitman arm and idler arm and they'll save me about 80 bucks.

I've been running Mevotech balljoints and ends for about 10 years now. No problems at all.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the look of the heavy duty Mevotech ball joints, but ended up just going with all Moog. I'd be curious to know what people think of them and whether they actually are much heavier construction.

I recently replaced the rag joint, steering gear, pitman, idler and idler bracket all with the truck on the floor. Then replaced the inner and outer tie rod ends and adjuster. All went together pretty easy. My upper ball joint was bolted in but bought a complete upper control arm to make the job easier, no press, no help, working in a tiny parking spot in the parking lot, otherwise I would have tried for the lower ball joint and control arm bushings. Not much play in the lower but the boot is split. The grease nipple extender for the idler bracket was useless as the P clip isn't really long enough to get on it at the sway bar bolt. Steering wheel has ZERO play now. So much nicer than before with my pitman arm loose and hanging off the shaft. (Only realized when I took it all apart, came off in my hand.)

I replaced the sway bar bushings a few months back and also thought it would be an easy job. Ha! No room to move the sway bar in a 2 door 4x4. Couldn't get the outer bolts in the right way and ended up putting them in backwards. After I finished and got cleaned up I realized I could have used a ratchet strap to pull it down and perhaps get the bolt in the right way. Will try that next time. Edit: Reminds me I must cut the top of the bolt off as I think it'***** the upper control arm a couple times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts