My Project Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DadsToy

DadsToy

Reaction score
It would need some adaptation for sure. You’d need to get a new crank with a 24x reluctor if I’m not mistaken. Although I believe Hennessy Lingenfelter makes a kit or something for that.

Thanks for the info.
So there goes the budget build...lol I am better off just buying another 5.3. Cheap cam replacement and install the whole motor. At least I won't have a 300k motor anymore. I've source another 5.3 for $300. So find me a strong tree and pull the old one out. Block and tackle...lol true meaning of shade tree mechanic.
The 6.0 swap sounds cool. But most of the stuff I am reading on here is crazy problems. I think its more issue than I want to deal with right now. It would be different if it was more of a plug and play thing. Understand there would be some minor tuning issues. But in the long run. Would be more things to go wrong.
Maybe a old Cummins diesel swap. Now that would be interesting. Change fuel delivery, and drive shaft would have to be custom made. We have a shop here that does that. Rolling coal Tahoe.:head3:

OP
OP
DadsToy

DadsToy

Reaction score
So the chrome strip molding on the side of the doors is like gone. When the other owner had it painted. They just painted right over them. The paint didn't really stick to good to the chrome. Or it looks like they are weather from over the years. I was going to replace them until I saw how much they are to replace. Was just going to paint them to match the car. But found a cheap alternative. Chrome tape. For less than $18 I was able to give it a new look on life without having the hassle of removing the old molding. I think it came out great. And has the 10ft look of being good to go. Even if the tape comes off. I have plenty to replace it with. But I think its pretty good stuff and should stay in place. I don't go thru car washes. So should work ok. Here is a before, chrome tape, and after pictures.
20230511_122011.jpg 20230511_122027.jpg
20230511_125422.jpg20230511_125430.jpg
20230511_125722.jpg

korzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was a pretty day so took on the project of installing my New shocks. Got a good work out and only took about 1 1/2 hours. Installed KYB Mono-Max shocks. I have to say it improved the handling quit a bit. When you turn into a corner it doesn't lean and doesn't stay in the corner. Levels out as soon as you go straight. Added about 16 lbs to the bags. I think I might have a leak. With air in the bags it raises up the back about 2". But once you put a load on the back it levels out where its supposed to go. I had to move my Daughter into her new house today. Was a good test to see how it performed. You can really load up the back with a lot of weight!! Without the back weighed down. It has a bounce. Believe that is the cause of the new springs. The old shocks where bad. I could push them down with no or little resistance. The front ones you could push in and wouldn't recoil back. Also the rubber bushings were wasted. Only concern with the KYB shocks is they didn't take the metal insert on the front shocks that the original ones had. But the new rubbers fit into the mounting holes just fine. So in short looks like I fix part of my issue. Adjust the air in the bags so they don't bounce,8lbs. Still have the issue with the front steering loose. Progress is always good.
View attachment 386072
Any reason you didn’t go with the Bilsteins recommended by a few of us?
did you ever find out how to fix the front swaying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14