My other vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did they stop making them, and why? Never knew that :(

As I recall they stopped making them in 2016 or 2017 but the county seemed to stop getting them in 2014. Sales were overall not good as it only sold as a PPV. Parts had to come from Australia where they were made as I recall. I think Broward County stocked up on some parts as they have their own fleet service.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I recall they stopped making them in 2016 or 2017 but the county seemed to stop getting them in 2014. Sales were overall not good as it only sold as a PPV. Parts had to come from Australia were they made as I recall. I think Broward County stocked up on some parts as they have their own fleet service.
2018 was technically the last year but there weren’t many, 40 actually.

Yes they’re made in Australia. Similar chassis to the Chevy ss, Pontiac g8 and 5th/6th gen camaro. The caprice is it’s own thing though and 3” longer wheelbase than the g8/ss.

I’ve heard conflicting stories. Some municipalities loved them some hated them due to high afm failure. The ones that loved them was because of speed and handling.

I love mine. Still sorting things and getting it the way I want but as a dad-rod it’s been great. More back seat room than our ssv hoe, better mpgs and more fun. The Tahoe feels even slower now (but much faster for the wife who came from a civic)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. I bet GM would've done great if they were sold to the public. I think the GTO was a similar story.
You could of bought a Chevy ss at the same time. That came with a 6.2 and could be bad in a manual. They also didn’t sell well.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
31 for sale currently

still one sitting on the lot it's been there for 3 years all ready brand new

Last edited: