My daughter's 2004 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W M S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mike.

I'm helping my daughter and her husband with repairs to their 2004 Yukon Denali XL.

I salute them for buying used, make that very used ~240K, to keep their finances in control.

It's a fun challenge, there are plenty of 'issues' to address in a 14/15 year old NE vehicle, that has not lead an easy life.

Somehow, I convinced my wife I needed a scan tool to figure what all needs doing.

This is enjoyable.

Mike

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mike.

I'm helping my daughter and her husband with repairs to their 2004 Yukon Denali XL.

I salute them for buying used, make that very used ~240K, to keep their finances in control.

It's a fun challenge, there are plenty of 'issues' to address in a 14/15 year old NE vehicle, that has not lead an easy life.

Somehow, I convinced my wife I needed a scan tool to figure what all needs doing.

This is enjoyable.

Mike

Tech 2?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Warren!!

OP
OP
W M S

W M S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello back.

My name is Warren, but I go by Mike. I know, it's a bit confusing. But I prefer my middle name, Michael/Mike; because, Warren was my dad and I was called Mike - my middle name, by family and friends.

I had a milestone birthday a week ago Tuesday, and the better-half said go ahead and get a new laptop/notebook, or parts for the Corvette, or ...? So, I got the OK to get a scan tool, with some Amazon $$ I'd built up, and my wife paid the balance.

I got the Autel MS908 about a week b4 my birthday. She insisted on wrapping it up, but I was able to get the manual to read.

It has all the functionality of the TECH 2, Tech2Win, and GDS2. I'm not sure about pre-1996 (OBD 1), it does come with a GM/Daewoo 12 pin connector.

My daily driver is a '13 GMC Sierra extended cab. Stock for the most part, added some typical aftermarket goodies: carpeted-bed liner, rollback tonneau cover, and running boards. I also added OEM outside heated mirrors with turn signals and auto dimming for the driver's side and inside rear view mirror.

As far as our daughter's Yukon, I'm/they're working through a long list of repairs. Longer now that it was scanned with the Autel. LOL

I think I answered everyone's questions.

I'll post more specific questions in the appropriate sub-forums.

Thanks for the welcome.

BTW - I can be found on the GarageJournal dot com forum, as torqueman2002. Look for flashing MIL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018